PDA

View Full Version : Iffy Movie file crashes Catalyst

jzbdski
23-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi there,

I'm posting more for information than anything else, but we were having an issue with a Movie file encoded in AIC (768x576, 25 fps) from After Effects which was causing the Catalyst App to crash.

Further investigation demonstrated that the Movie would crash Quicktime (v7.6) so it looks like Quicktime issue rather than a Catalyst issue (or rather, there's something rather odd with the Movie).

I've reported it to Apple but wondered whether anyone had had similar problems ?

Cheers

Richard

-Incidentally, we are using AIC as Photo JPEG was causing the loops to stall -even though they appeared to be playing in the HUD display.

SourceChild
24-02-2009, 08:33 AM
At one time before the converter was built into Catalyst, I performed a batch conversion from uncompressed to AIC using AfterEffects CS3 on a PC. I usually don't use PCs and usually don't use AE to batch convert, but this was all I had at the time. I had the same problem.

If you can output from AE as photoJPG at 50%-100% and then use the converter built into Catalyst to convert to AIC, you might solve your problem.