PDA

View Full Version : catalyst 4.20

miguelangelpinheiro
11-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I was using Catalyst v 4.20 with the phoenix card, but finally I changed to a previous version and the lfg4 card. with the beta and the phoenix I had a lot of problems, all days the system blocks one time but yesterday , I had 3 system blocks. when I was using the live input and then run a video on a different layer, it blocks.

Before I changed to the lfg4, I try to change to a black magic hd but I have no video input, I tried blackmagic different drivers with no results, maybe I have a conflict between phoenix ,lfg4 and blackmagic drivers.

my OS is 10.5.8

any idea?

34 layers??? it´s crazyyyy

SourceChild
15-01-2009, 11:23 AM
The active silicon cards can be a little finicky if you are switching them. The best practice is to uninstall all the drivers and remove all traces. Then reinstall them.

Honestly, if you have problems, sometimes putting a fresh Leopard image on the disk and installing from scratch is best.

Jekel
20-04-2009, 11:35 PM
HELP me please! I can't touch richard and i need the version of phoenix card. The show start tomorow. Please please send me a link where i can download this version. Thanks a lot. Jekel@harkan.fr

Mick Murray
22-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi i had a similar problem where input from backmagic would freeze when i enabled lfg, so with a lot of playing i found by wiping prefs file and starting from scratch, enabling blackmagic first and lfg second that problems disspaeared, that show then was always stable, but any messing with the setup prefs after initial setup seemed to screw it up again, so definite bug or conflict of some sort but a little patience and it can be made work

Mr_P
23-04-2009, 12:31 AM
enabling blackmagic first and lfg second that problems disspaeared, so definite bug or conflict of some sort but a little patience and it can be made work
Its not a bug - just the way the blackmagic drivers work

if you use a blackmagic card AND an active silicone card (LFG or Phoenix) you have to enable the blackmagic card on the FIRST video input window in catalyst. Blackmagic Drivers ONLY support one card.

i.e.
Video input 1 = Blackmagic
Video input 2 = LFG-1
Video input 3 = LFG-2
Video input 4 = LFG-3
Video input 5 = LFG-4

I was using Catalyst v 4.20 with the phoenix card, but finally I changed to a previous version and the lfg4 card. with the beta and the phoenix I had a lot of problems, all days the system blocks one time but yesterday , I had 3 system blocks. when I was using the live input and then run a video on a different layer, it blocks.

Before I changed to the lfg4, I try to change to a black magic hd but I have no video input, I tried blackmagic different drivers with no results, maybe I have a conflict between phoenix ,lfg4 and blackmagic drivers.

I frequently swap between LFG / Phoenix / Decklink HD Extreme / Intensity PRO. and have no issues. - There is no evidence that any of the drivers 'conflict' with each other when installed at the same time. The key is to take it ONE step at a time:

1) Remove the cards
2) restart
3) install cards 1 by one
4) (install drivers -1 by one if necessary for relevant card)
5) restart as drivers require
6) start with 'clean' version of catayst with no setings
7) configure cards 1-by-1
8) test inputs 1-by-1
9) repeat from step 3 as necessary for EACH card.

if you use settings from an old catalyst show - it will probably fail...
it you try and put all the cards in at once - it will probably fail...
if you try and install all the drivers at the same time without restarting - it will probably fail...

Re Phoenix cards:
Particular Mac hardware revisions still cause some issues, especially on old 2007 MacPros. When using phoenix, you REALLY have to know what you are doing and be aware of the limitations of your system before you can expect it to work reliably. From 2007-2009 there were 5 different MacPro hardware revisions - each one can cause different and un-expected results. - BE WARNED!...

Simon