PDA

View Full Version : Pixelmix Size

tkrautsc
28-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi!

I'm going to purchase my own catalyst.

But there is one major thing that lets me hesitate: Is there a way to map an larger area than 512x256 Pixel?
For a Job in january i need to create a movie with a total size of 1200x1400 Pixel. I won't need to map all these Pixels. The Stuff i had to do is to build an area of LED Stripes that will look like these funny maps hanging around in the Subway-Trains and show you wich Line you have to take to get somewhere. In the end the System will have to calculate the values for 5600 Single LEDs.

Cheers
Thomas

samsc
29-11-2008, 01:37 PM
the maximum size is related to performance of the computer- all that information has to be download from the graphics card - to the computer - 1200x1400 is 130MB/s of data -

1200x1400 size requires the computer to massively over process when you only need an area 74x74 pixels.
thats an inefficiency of 260 times more data than you need!
using 260 times more computer bandwidth than required --- for the image

if you only need 5600 pixels- just compress your mapping a bit.

that is only 74 x 74 pixels. if rectangular.

Hi!

I'm going to purchase my own catalyst.

But there is one major thing that lets me hesitate: Is there a way to map an larger area than 512x256 Pixel?
For a Job in january i need to create a movie with a total size of 1200x1400 Pixel. I won't need to map all these Pixels. The Stuff i had to do is to build an area of LED Stripes that will look like these funny maps hanging around in the Subway-Trains and show you wich Line you have to take to get somewhere. In the end the System will have to calculate the values for 5600 Single LEDs.

Cheers
Thomas