PDA

View Full Version : No audio with video input enabled!

ajmaudio
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM
when I have my video inputs on (decklink extreme hd) I cannot get files to play audio at all. this works fine as soon as I turn video inputs off... trying to work this out as soon as possible as I am in tour rehearsals.. ofcourse this is the only thing I didnt replicate before I got here LOL ... anyone????

Marty Postma
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't use the audio inputs very much on Cat....mostly outputs.

But I believe that all audio is handled via the soundcard as a separate feed, and the Decklink only handles the video.....but I could be wrong.

One thing to check is that you have patched volume control for your layers that are playing back audio, and that it is turned up.

Hope this helps:)

Improve
11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
when I have my video inputs on (decklink extreme hd) I cannot get files to play audio at all. this works fine as soon as I turn video inputs off... trying to work this out as soon as possible as I am in tour rehearsals.. ofcourse this is the only thing I didnt replicate before I got here LOL ... anyone????

Hi... You can use the Decklink only one way... So, video in but no sound out, or sound out and no video in..
A way around this is using the line out of the MAC while using decklink for video in.. So make sure audio prefs are selected to line out instead of decklink out...

Hope this helps...

ajmaudio
12-11-2008, 06:02 AM
ya thats the realization I came to as well... I guess I was thinkin it should still output during capture as this would be usefull.... guess not lol thanks guys

samsc
14-11-2008, 03:46 AM
ya thats the realization I came to as well... I guess I was thinkin it should still output during capture as this would be usefull.... guess not lol thanks guys

you can output audio during capture - just not with the decklink card - using any other sound output device is fine - this is the choice their drivers make

SourceChild
25-12-2008, 01:43 PM
To do Audio input or output, I use a separate USB Audio device. Granted, in most cases, stereo output from the mini phone jack works fine. However, I do MIDI more often and have a total solution device.

As a dedicated audio in/out AudioTry using one of the following USB audio devices from:

M-Box
Emu
Edirol
Lexicon
Motu