PDA

View Full Version : LFG Video Input Failure

SourceChild
02-11-2008, 02:27 PM
One a recent show I had to deal with LFG capture failure in two new Catalyst machines. The machines were brand new and built from a reliable vendor. Out of the vendor's shop the machines were working.

On show site, I loaded the old show files which had an identical hardware list. On the new machines however, the Video inputs did not work correctly.

Since the original show was programmed with 7 inputs, it was absolutely imperative to have two cards working in each machine.

Obviously, step one was to reinstall the LFG driver making sure they were the card drivers and not the Quicktime interface drivers.

I saw three specific oddities.

First:
With the show file loaded, Catalyst only saw frame capture from the eighth input. The lower seven showed active and linked to LFG but no frames coming in. (Makes me think driver)

Second:
Starting a blank show with m165, m207, and m222 showed that capture was working correctly. Until however, I attempted to change the input numbers and cloning. Sometimes no LFG inputs would show up. Only Phoenix and Input copies. (Makes me think driver)

Third:
I got the capture to work on the show server. I then updated the show file on my MBP at the hotel. Later, when moving it back to the show machine, it did not work again and I had to use another archive of the show files where I simply copied the preset list into the archive folder. This works. (Makes me think issue with Catalyst and LFG driver expectation?)

The final solution to make the system work.

Shutdown Catalyst and swap positions of LFG cards.
Reboot and Reinstall drivers with "Catalyst Recomended" driver.
Change the Quicktime and LFG states to only one input and reboot.
Add consecutive inputs until all 8 are present and working.
Attempt copying inputs until I can remap all my original show inputs correctly.

The show is currently working and shortly the card info will be reviewed by LFG to see if they have any thoughts.

I am interested in feedback and comments from anyone who's ever dealt with anything like this before.

samsc
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
i have to read your post very closely-

what do you mean by "Until however, I attempted to change the input numbers and cloning"

what is cloning?

what was the final video input order required?
1-2-3-4-5-6-7 consequetive on the video inputs?

---

i think what might have happened is you turned on the same video input on twice - on different inputs- whilst reconfiguring - this confuses things.

One a recent show I had to deal with LFG capture failure in two new Catalyst machines. The machines were brand new and built from a reliable vendor. Out of the vendor's shop the machines were working.

On show site, I loaded the old show files which had an identical hardware list. On the new machines however, the Video inputs did not work correctly.

Since the original show was programmed with 7 inputs, it was absolutely imperative to have two cards working in each machine.

Obviously, step one was to reinstall the LFG driver making sure they were the card drivers and not the Quicktime interface drivers.

I saw three specific oddities.

First:
With the show file loaded, Catalyst only saw frame capture from the eighth input. The lower seven showed active and linked to LFG but no frames coming in. (Makes me think driver)

Second:
Starting a blank show with m165, m207, and m222 showed that capture was working correctly. Until however, I attempted to change the input numbers and cloning. Sometimes no LFG inputs would show up. Only Phoenix and Input copies. (Makes me think driver)

Third:
I got the capture to work on the show server. I then updated the show file on my MBP at the hotel. Later, when moving it back to the show machine, it did not work again and I had to use another archive of the show files where I simply copied the preset list into the archive folder. This works. (Makes me think issue with Catalyst and LFG driver expectation?)

The final solution to make the system work.

Shutdown Catalyst and swap positions of LFG cards.
Reboot and Reinstall drivers with "Catalyst Recomended" driver.
Change the Quicktime and LFG states to only one input and reboot.
Add consecutive inputs until all 8 are present and working.
Attempt copying inputs until I can remap all my original show inputs correctly.

The show is currently working and shortly the card info will be reviewed by LFG to see if they have any thoughts.

I am interested in feedback and comments from anyone who's ever dealt with anything like this before.