PDA

View Full Version : Loading Photoshop Files?

ljb2of3
12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey all, me again... :)

We are using photoshop files (.psd) for all of our static content since it supports transparency and allows our graphics designer to just grab an image and edit and stick it back in without any conversions.

We did a show last year doing the same thing and had no problems. This time around, catalyst won't load some of the images.

The images will show up in the library browser in the GUI, but when I select them for a layer, I end up with nothing at all on the screen. The image right before and right after it will often work, but that one won't.

I did a quick search of the forum and found references that the max image size is 2048 x 2048 and I'll try resizing the problem images tomorrow morning, but I'm almost certain that we have a few working images that are larger than that.

We have quite a few images not working, is there anything odd that I should look out for that might make a photoshop image not work?

Thanks,
Landy

Raggi di Luce
24-10-2008, 12:25 PM
We have quite a few images not working, is there anything odd that I should look out for that might make a photoshop image not work?

Once i get stuck with CYMK.
Check if you are using RGB image profile. Don't use Adobe CYMK profile.

Stefano
Raggi di Luce S.r.L.

emilianomorgia
24-10-2008, 01:15 PM
We are using photoshop files (.psd) for all of our static content since it supports transparency and allows our graphics designer to just grab an image and edit and stick it back in without any conversions.

.tif support layers and alpha channel

I did a quick search of the forum and found references that the max image size is 2048 x 2048

Actually it all depends on the GPU you are using , can be bigger 4096x2048 or it can be littler

what system are you using ?

Also what's the video projectors resolution ?

samsc
26-10-2008, 05:08 AM
You cannot easily use raw photoshop files - the have an awful lot of proprietary information in them- this is private to adobe - abode creates a hidden layer just for preview in the file but transparency is not preserved in the preview layer-

convert to tif or png-

with transparency

for image size safety with graphics cards start with 2048x2048- and you need to test if you can do bigger- older machines cannot do bigger than this-
recent versions of catalyst will support up to 4096x2048 - but whether this works depends on your machines

also big files can take an awful long time to load.