PDA

View Full Version : Where is submix settings stored?

ping141
27-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I need to copy a show from one machine to another, and would like not to setup everything again... :)

Improve
27-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I need to copy a show from one machine to another, and would like not to setup everything again... :)

There was a topic elsewhere about the same thing...

On the location where the Cat App is located there are a couple of files stored. These files can be copied to another machine on the same place.. This way you can copy all settings without any problems... But keep in mind to have your Cat app on the same location..
File names: Catalystpresets.txt, Catintel_settings.xml, Colourpresets.xml and mediafilesinfo.xml (if you run on PPC it will be CatPPC_settings.xml)
If you are copying files between Intel and PPC machine, simply editing filename from Intel to PPC will do the trick...

So maybe it's a good idea to create show folders containing Cat app and the other files...This way you can store shows for re-use or archiving...

SourceChild
28-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Actually, if you want. Just copy the whole show folder. Here is a quick look at my Macbook Pro Catalyst Folder. As you can see, each one is labeled in a manner that I understand so that I can just quickly open the show I need and fine tune it.

Sometimes I will also copy my folders incrementally incase I make changes I want to revert back to. Granted you'll end up with a dozen or so instances of the Catalyst application but it's small enough it won't hurt.