PDA

View Full Version : Live Video Input

hdmcc
25-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi there.

Ive been trying to work out how to use the live video input in v4. At first i couldn't get any sort of picture from the camera, however now i am just getting a still image.

I have checked the camera feed using imovie just to check it wasn't the camera, and the feed to it was fine.

any suggestions?

samsc
25-08-2008, 11:04 PM
which type of camera?

hdmcc
26-08-2008, 02:09 PM
We were using a sont vx2000 i tihnk it is.

but that was just because it was the easiest to set up. we do have sony d30 sp's i tihnk they are, which are our standard cameras.

the show i need to do it on ill actually be receiving a feed from the vision guys so not direct camera.

SourceChild
27-08-2008, 08:56 AM
If you get feed from video guys you will need a Capture Card.

For S-Video use the Active Silicon LFG4
For SDI or HD-SDI use the Active Silicon Phoenix

corpos12
29-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I had the same issue. Try setting up 2 inputs turn the computer off, turn it on and it should do it. Remember to save your preferences before closing the software.

It sounds like witchcraft but it works for me

samsc
29-09-2008, 08:51 PM
If you get feed from video guys you will need a Capture Card.

For S-Video use the Active Silicon LFG4
For SDI or HD-SDI use the Active Silicon Phoenix

vx2000 - can use firewire input - i have one

samsc
29-09-2008, 08:54 PM
We were using a sont vx2000 i tihnk it is.

but that was just because it was the easiest to set up. we do have sony d30 sp's i tihnk they are, which are our standard cameras.

the show i need to do it on ill actually be receiving a feed from the vision guys so not direct camera.

which output on the vx2000?

you can use the firewire output on vx2000- but apple drivers dont always recognise the camera unless its plugged in when the computer is turned on.

for other types of input -you need some kindof of digitising board?

hdmcc
30-09-2008, 01:30 PM
the camera was simply to try and get it working.

On the show we will be getting a send from the vision guys of their main mix through composite.

our video input device is a datavideo DAC-15 (see http://www.datavideo.info/en/products/dac15.shtm for details)

and the video input to the compter works fine, its just catalyst that wasnt liking it.

However, we ldepart for the show tomorrow, so we will just ahve to see if we can make it work.

I will write back when i return saying if we got it going or not

samsc
30-09-2008, 03:54 PM
the camera was simply to try and get it working.

On the show we will be getting a send from the vision guys of their main mix through composite.

our video input device is a datavideo DAC-15 (see http://www.datavideo.info/en/products/dac15.shtm for details)

and the video input to the compter works fine, its just catalyst that wasnt liking it.

However, we ldepart for the show tomorrow, so we will just ahve to see if we can make it work.

I will write back when i return saying if we got it going or not

restart the computer with this plugged in and working and see what happens.
apple firewire drivers have been reported to not initialise correctly unless device present at computer startup-

apple software like iMovie uses a different strategy to do firewire video - they read directly from the device -and dont use the public quicktime api's