PDA

View Full Version : DECKLINK HD from black magic

K DO
17-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi
A question concerning the use of the decklink card
I know that it could be use as a SDI capture card (firewire tax to much the processors).

1)But Is it possible to use the SDI output?

2)On board effect:
Cross Dissolve, Dip to Color, Sepia, Desaturate, Brightness Contrast, Proc Amp, Tint, Gamma Correction and 3-Way color Corrector. RT Extreme support in Final Cut Pro?
does catalyst support any of the effects.

samsc
17-03-2004, 12:55 PM
No.

Because catalyst uses the Radeon graphics card to do all of the graphics processing.

Lots of people need an sdi output.
Currently scan convertors must be used.

K DO
22-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Any chance to see that feature implanted soon. I mean to invest in such kind of card and be only able to use 33% of the potential is a shame. It shouldn't be so complicated to have it works together as does after effect for example.
Any other suggestion if I want to buy a High Def capture card.
I come from the Pc world so I apologize if my question is stupid. What kind of graphic API is used? is it only Open gl?

samsc
22-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Any chance to see that feature implanted soon. I mean to invest in such kind of card and be only able to use 33% of the potential is a shame. It shouldn't be so complicated to have it works together as does after effect for example.
Any other suggestion if I want to buy a High Def capture card.
I come from the Pc world so I apologize if my question is stupid. What kind of graphic API is used? is it only Open gl?

i have one too.

the card works as a quicktime output device - but is nowhere near powerful enough to do catalyst stuff.

The graphics chips are the star performers that make all this work.
The radeon 9800 is a phenomenal chip - its 10's of times faster than the g5 - at doing graphics things.

Graphics chips are so good - because they are used with games, and there has been a stupendous amount of money put into developing them.
They are a mass market product - because games sell machines- in fact they drive the entire industry.