PDA

View Full Version : ...some trace of her - sdi inputs - National Theatre.

samsc
18-08-2008, 09:36 AM
"...some trace of her" at the National Theatre, london - which opened at the beginning of this month:

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/sometrace
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=35474&dspl=moreimages

is the first show using four sdi inputs in catalyst.

Stunning monochrome imagery is created live, fed from on stage cameras - to an on stage screen.
The cast perform and shoot and recreate the text as a live film...

efxmaster
26-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I have been waiting for multi SDI input. Is the dual HD-SDI version working yet? I could use it right away.:D

SourceChild
27-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Is the dual HD-SDI version working yet? I could use it right away.:D

This is a good point. I would also love to be able to have 4 HD-SDI inputs so I can make my Catalyst machines into sort of full blown switchers.

samsc
27-08-2008, 01:24 PM
This is a good point. I would also love to be able to have 4 HD-SDI inputs so I can make my Catalyst machines into sort of full blown switchers.

multi-input hdsdi on one card not available yet - so no performance information yet.
we are testing 6xsdi inputs at once- seems ok.

its not intended to replace real video equipment - it is a computer ...

efxmaster
28-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I just need a 2 input HD-SDI so I can put a real switcher into it and put it on the screen also. The second input would just be used for a second source from the switcher. Is there a way to put 2 HD cards in one computer, or will it no see both?

Thanks

Mr_P
28-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Currently each card has 2 x SDI inputs, so a maximum of 3 cards can be put in to an Intel MacPro, giving 6 x SD-SDI inputs. We are still testing, but it looks ok.

The same cards supports 1 x HD-SDI input - Testing is still underway - BUT it should be possible to have 3 x HD-SDI, eventually, subject to hardware. Watch this space.....

Cards should be available shortly - do contact me for pricing

Simon

SourceChild
28-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Simon,

If you get 3 Phoenix cards working in one machine, let me know!
Also, email me, I'm interested in pricing.

SourceChild AT mac DOT com