PDA

View Full Version : video input on ver 4.10_m165UB_HD

emilio
07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
First of all thank you all for all your help with my previous questions. :)

I have a show coming up where I need to use 1 video input.

The problem is that I only get a frozen frame on version 4.10_m165UB_HD. If I use version4 (The one highend shipped the machine with) I have no problems at all.

What can I do? the show opens on saturday and I really need to use the mix features of the newer version and the video input.

Thanks in advance for all your help. If any of you is planning to come to Costa Rica let me know

Emilio

Mr_P
08-08-2008, 01:02 AM
What video capture hardware are you using?.

can you confirm that the drivers are correctly installed?

what OS version?

Without starting catalyst - Is there any software with the capture card where you can confirm that you are getting a good live input (Blackmagic cards have this feature)

If no success - Can you try un-installing driver / restart / re-installing - check the install cd or dmg

You need to prove that you are getting a good live image without using catalyst 1st if possible - once established - we can check your settings are correct in catalyst.

Haven't seen any issues with video input in M165 at all - its usually external driver issues / setting...

Let me know your findings

emilio
08-08-2008, 03:37 AM
I assume that there are no problems with the drivers since I can use the video input on a older version of cat.

I'm using a black magic card. Ill check the settings tomorrow morning (Costarrican time) and then try to figure something out

Thanks

Mr_P
08-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Which particular blackmagic card??
What OS are you running?

You will need to enable 1 video input device in catalyst preferences, and ensure that LFG drivers are NOT selected.

In the Video Input part of the HUD - ensure that it is 'ON' - then from the dropdown menu, select the relevant decklink input that will be displayed.

SEE PICS ATTACHED

Hope it helps

Simon

emilio
09-08-2008, 02:53 AM
I turn the computer on and It work, I had a nice video input signal. Now I have Blackmagid software installed in the computer but when I try to open it it says that there is no hardware. I thought HighEnd shipped the machine with all the necessary peripherals.

The computer only has a DV intervideo card(?) to work the video input.

Anyway thanks

Mr_P
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Let me know if you need any more help...

Blackmagic drivers can be a bit tricky. There are 2 preferences panels that require configuration. One in system Preferences, and the other in the deck control preferences...

Dont know anything about DV intervideo card(?) - do post any info for future reference.

HighEnd no longer retail Catalyst Software - although, i understand that they still support existing customers. Feel free to contact me should you need any further assistance.

Simon

samsc
11-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I turn the computer on and It work, I had a nice video input signal. Now I have Blackmagid software installed in the computer but when I try to open it it says that there is no hardware. I thought HighEnd shipped the machine with all the necessary peripherals.

The computer only has a DV intervideo card(?) to work the video input.

Anyway thanks

Do you have a blackmagic card inside the computer?