PDA

View Full Version : Output problem

jylederman
28-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I am having a problem with an output on our server. On Output 2, Mix 2 I have a white box in the middle of the screen w/o any type of content playing. Is there any way to disable Mix 2 or get rid of the box.

Peter
28-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Disable it in the hud or see that in the layers mix2 isnt activated

SourceChild
29-07-2008, 06:20 AM
If you are hooked up to DMX, it won't show. However if you are not using DMX, the reason you see a white box is that the white box is folder 000 and file 000. By default, without DMX attached, the default is for all layers to be full with this file. Somehow you have a higher numbered layer active in mix 2.

My guess also if you are using DMX is that you have layers which are not assigned to DMX which are doing this default. Just turn them off or assign them to DMX also so you can bring them to zero.

Mr_P
29-07-2008, 10:04 AM
If working manually, it sounds like you have an intensity fader still up at full in another layer. Intensity is defaulted to full at startup on a clean show.

Check your layer-to-mix assignments (next to the intensity fader on each layer on the HUD) and intensity faders on all layers.

Its best to un-assign any un-used layers from mix outputs, if not in use.

Also, if appropriate, you can change the default lib000, file000 from white to black:
- In the Catalyst Menu, go to preferences, application
- from the drop-down menu next to 'Library 0 file 0' select 'force black'

If you later need a white square, its lib000 file 004

Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need more help...

Simon