PDA

View Full Version : DVB-T Device As Video Input

lichtbau
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
hi,
any chance to configure a DVB-T device as video input source in catalyst?
thankx.

samsc
03-07-2008, 10:06 PM
hi,
thankx.

these things dont normally have a public interface- they dont use quicktime - they only work with their own proprietary software.

emilianomorgia
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
hi,
thankx.

even if you find a box compatible with QT how do you change channels then ?
And how to you tune the channels ?

It's a way to complicated and none standard device for Catalyst .

do you own an Mac Book Pro ? Or a Mac Book ?

lasted model of Apple's Laptop output HDMI ( you need a cable to do that , it cost 20 $/? )
Then with this card (http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/) mounted on your Mac Pro Catalyst Server you can select the video input as layer and use your laptop not only for Tv but also for Power Point or even Keynote or anything coming out from your secondary DVI output.

If you know how to write Applescripts you can even change channels form the DMX consolle ( this is a bit complicated do to , but it's possible )

lichtbau
04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
i understand about the tv-channel issue but can i use the s-video input of such a dvb-t device (some might have) as a live camera input. i like to get a f-bas/s-video singnal into a mac-mini. i don't need hi-quality and i can live with delay. do i think in the right direction?

emilianomorgia
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
i understand about the tv-channel issue but can i use the s-video input of such a dvb-t device (some might have) as a live camera input. i like to get a f-bas/s-video singnal into a mac-mini. i don't need hi-quality and i can live with delay. do i think in the right direction?

If you want to do experiment you can try but i've try this my self with a pinnacle stick and it did not work , then i've tried with a Terratec Box and it did not work .... There might be a TV/Video input box out there working with with quick time but no one know.

on by the way it's not a catalyst issue , if the box work with Quick Time it work with catalyst , if doesn't work with Quick Time it doesn't work with catalyst.

Try searching for a Cheep box compatible with Quick time .

don't you have a Camcorder ?

lichtbau
04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
to use a dv-cam is no problem - but like to use a bnc-cable out of my dv-cam, into a video mixer and finally into my mac-mini without converter boxes. maybe i think in the wrong direction but i'm looking for a really cheap way of doing it. again: please ignore quality issues.

emilianomorgia
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
to use a dv-cam is no problem - but like to use a bnc-cable out of my dv-cam, into a video mixer and finally into my mac-mini without converter boxes. maybe i think in the wrong direction but i'm looking for a really cheap way of doing it. again: please ignore quality issues.

If you have a camcorder with video input you can use the Camera as converter .

Try searching on eBay for broken camera. there are tons of broken camera for few euro , they might still be useful as converter box from composite to Dv.

emilianomorgia
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
just an example I don't know if ti work

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Creative-Technology-Video-Blaster-Editor

Search for a USB composite to DV converter compatible with OSX .

samsc
05-07-2008, 01:16 AM

you have to use a convertor of somekind somewhere-

use a canopus video to dv convertor with a mac mini-

http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.com/products/videoconversion.php
http://desktop.thomsongrassvalley.com/products/ADVC55/index.php

there are also usb to video convertors-
but i never use those-

SourceChild
29-07-2008, 05:34 AM
I understand in many cases the point is a cheaper solution but perhaps it's better to focus on something more specific to what will work.

The best solution I have had is stacking Macs. The output of one I feed to the input of the machine I have running Catalyst. This proves to work best.

Something not noted yet is the significance of delay. Each device in the chain creates a frame delay. This is especially true of cheaper or lower quality devices.