PDA

View Full Version : Custom Personalities

timmath
14-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Hi

I have a pixelmad system and need to control a fixture i can't find in the list of existing fixtures... it's an LED dancefloor based on led's that have a RGB + Intensity dmx profile, as there is no way to not use the 'I' channel i need pixelmad to speak it! how do i go about getting or writing a personailty for it?

Cheers

Tim

rolfwenzel
15-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Tim,

you need to edit the fixtureTypes.xml file, which can be found when going to Programs > Catalyst, Select Catalyst Application and right klick "Show Package Content"
Then go to resources and look for the File Fixturetypes.xml
This File can be edited in an XML Editor, I would recommend Jedit, as it's freeware and runs on Mac and PC Systems.
Then you can copy one of the existing files (Pixelline 1044 would be good for you) and edit it to your needs.
It's pretty the same like building a library for a Hog II.
The Master Intensity (MINT) can be set by default to full, as you might see in the different profiles.
The first time is a bit of try and error, but once understood you will be quite fast with it.

Best

Rolf
www.chaoscenter.net

Tom G
18-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I want to build an LED fixture that runs in 16 bit RGB. What is the "output=" code for RGB 16bit?

samsc
25-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I want to build an LED fixture that runs in 16 bit RGB. What is the "output=" code for RGB 16bit?

there isnt one in old versions - but i added one for a show last week-

all you do is set LSB to 0 and MSB to value-