PDA

View Full Version : Major performance issues

basicmonkey
11-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi All,

I'm running on a Mid 2007 Mac Pro 3GHZ 4 core total with 5 gig ram and content on mtron pro 64 gig ssd. Ati 1900 graphics. Each port with TH2G digital on, driving 2 monitors, so 4 monitors total (2 as outputs, 2 as working).
LFG4 capture card
Intensity pro capture card

I'd attach profile but it's above attachment limit.

If I run 1 HD layer across the 2 output monitors (made up of 2 submixes offset), with a live 720p50 input from a macbook pro via intensity pro scaled into a box as a PiP, it looks great, fluid and low latency. If I bring another HD layer in, or a couple of SD layers, frame rates drop on the playback layers and the live input delays significantly, up to 4 seconds with only a few layers playing.

With a few SD layers going I also get dropped frames.

It seems to make no difference if I turn off all the submixes and just play the content with no output, significant frame rate decrease occurs which leads me to believe it's not the graphics card but I could be wrong.

If I run the tests, things seem to go relatively well, but in real world application, I'm struggling to get a couple of HD and a couple of SD layers going, even without live input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it just seems my system isn't performing aswell as it should.

Cheers,

James

samsc
11-06-2008, 04:49 PM
what codec for your movies?

email me pdf profile.

Hi All,

I'm running on a Mid 2007 Mac Pro 3GHZ 4 core total with 5 gig ram and content on mtron pro 64 gig ssd. Ati 1900 graphics. Each port with TH2G digital on, driving 2 monitors, so 4 monitors total (2 as outputs, 2 as working).
LFG4 capture card
Intensity pro capture card

I'd attach profile but it's above attachment limit.

If I run 1 HD layer across the 2 output monitors (made up of 2 submixes offset), with a live 720p50 input from a macbook pro via intensity pro scaled into a box as a PiP, it looks great, fluid and low latency. If I bring another HD layer in, or a couple of SD layers, frame rates drop on the playback layers and the live input delays significantly, up to 4 seconds with only a few layers playing.

With a few SD layers going I also get dropped frames.

It seems to make no difference if I turn off all the submixes and just play the content with no output, significant frame rate decrease occurs which leads me to believe it's not the graphics card but I could be wrong.

If I run the tests, things seem to go relatively well, but in real world application, I'm struggling to get a couple of HD and a couple of SD layers going, even without live input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it just seems my system isn't performing aswell as it should.

Cheers,

James

samsc
11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi All,

James

what size and resolution and refresh rate on each port of your th2g?

what size and refresh rate of each monitor?