PDA

View Full Version : Sony 2730 problem

Peter
11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,

I just tried the following setup : macbookpro - kramer VP-501xl (scan convertor) - sony 2730 with bnc. The image trembles. I can see it from up to 3m. Can this get more stable? And how? The macbookpro will in reality be a macpro with X1900.

First tried the apple vga-composite adaptor but here the whole screen wasnt covered.

Any suggestions? No flatscreens because the director doesnt want them.

Thanks,

Peter

samsc
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Hi guys,

First tried the apple vga-composite adaptor but here the whole screen wasnt covered.
Peter

what do you mean ' the whole screen wasnt covered ' - you probably need to set screen to use underscan or overscan mode.

what output resolution did you use?

samsc
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi guys,

I just tried the following setup : macbookpro - kramer VP-501xl (scan convertor) - sony 2730 with bnc. The image trembles. I can see it from up to 3m. Can this get more stable? And how? The macbookpro will in reality be a macpro with X1900.
Peter

'trembling' images are almost always power or ground problems.
or interference either radio or electrical-

you will need to do electrical and power ground debugging.
and do things they normally use to elminate these things.

contact a local av company.

samsc
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,

Peter

there are many video interference products out there- like humbuckers- or ground loop isolation transformers-

this is an american site - i do not have any knowledge of the products-

http://www.21best.com/21_best/electronic/security/video/filters/for_sale_.html

HUMplug-e

Simply plug your equipment through this, to cure it of Ground Loops. Filters out unwanted voltage and current in the ground line that cause ground loop hum while simultaneously maintaining a solid, safe ground

Hum bucker

The Video Hum Bucker Premium eliminates interference and hum on video lines. The Hum Bucker simply connects in series with the video line

Peter
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM
what do you mean ' the whole screen wasnt covered ' - you probably need to set screen to use underscan or overscan mode.

what output resolution did you use?

i was at an av company for testing, they didnt propose a hum eliminator. They told me it was the nature of the screen quality. Strange... . It was only one monitor and we will use 20, so i will certainly need something.

The trembling looks like with a computer CRT when the refresh rates is going for example from 85 to 75 to 60Hz.

Output resolution : first tried 720x576 mix size and then 800x600. The image stayed the same with the apple-video adaptor but when connected with the scan convertor we could fill the whole screen but only with res set to 800x600 because we could the manipulate the over-underscan things.

samsc
11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
i was at an av company for testing, they didnt propose a hum eliminator. They told me it was the nature of the screen quality. Strange... . It was only one monitor and we will use 20, so i will certainly need something.

The trembling looks like with a computer CRT when the refresh rates is going for example from 85 to 75 to 60Hz.

did you try on another screen?
you set it to 25/50hz for pal?

Peter
11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
did you try on another screen?

no

you set it to 25/50hz for pal?

I put the screen pref mac os on 800x600 50Hz and the lowered it to pal 50Hz and it got more blurry

samsc
11-06-2008, 08:34 PM
no

I put the screen pref mac os on 800x600 50Hz and the lowered it to pal 50Hz and it got more blurry

what do you mean more blurry?

did you set it to deinterlace?

maybe you got the field order wrong?

maybe you didnt deinterlace the image?

Peter
12-06-2008, 05:52 AM
what do you mean more blurry?

Like with refresh rates from crt monitors, image is shaking a little bit more when going from 85 to 60Hz

did you set it to deinterlace?

Where do you mean in QT or on screen prefs mac os?

The original movies are photojpegs 75% 400x400, i know i need to add pixels but it's an existing show whith a new concept.

I tried dvpal with scanmodus interlaced. I will try dvpal with deinterlace video from MPEG streamclip.

maybe you got the field order wrong?

I can load them in FCP and fiddle with that but because the original movies where in photojpeg i dont really know.

maybe you didnt deinterlace the image?

If it wasnt done with the original i suppose it hasnt been done. What's the easist way of doing so?

samsc
12-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Like with refresh rates from crt monitors, image is shaking a little bit more when going from 85 to 60Hz

you have a pal tv?
an old crt model?

Peter
12-06-2008, 07:59 AM
you have a pal tv?

No, thats the trouble, i've only seen it at the av company but i will try to get one. Could i also compare this on a pal tv?

an old crt model?

For comparison, the crt monitor is a lacie 19blueIII

Btw, i mentioned the original movies where photojpegs but i converted them from avi (cinepak codec) and swf to photojpeg.

So should i deinterlace photojpegs when showing them on a tv screen or monitor because those are interlaced displays? I'm still learning...

Thanks!