PDA

View Full Version : catalyst and matrox dualhead 2 go digital edition..

thomasrotten
02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi there

I have a "little" problem with my setup. First of all it is not the cat itself but with the matrox dualhead 2 go. I´m going on a tour friday with a brand new lighthouse tech R7 er led screen. It is 10 modules (1280px) wide and there for i need to use a matrox dualhead 2 go to split the picture in 2 x xga for the 2 prosessors. When i hook the cat directly to the prosessors is workes fine but when the signal runns thrue the matros i get some noice in the picture. The noise is also there when i show a black picture. Does any of you have any solutions??.. Can i run a screen calibration on the mac??.. Best regards

Thomas

SourceChild
04-06-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey Thomas,

My DVI KVM also does this. I know exactly what you're talking about. As an experiment, try hooking the DH2G up to two DVI monitors and setup Cat. Then hot, unplug the monitors and plug in the processors. See if this works.

At best guess if the problem is the same as what I am experiencing, the scan rate of the DH2G is different than what the processor thinks it is. I could be wrong but what I do know is that the DH2G is not as intelligent at display recognition as the Mac itself.

samsc
05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi there
When i hook the cat directly to the prosessors is workes fine but when the signal runns thrue the matros i get some noice in the picture. The noise is also there when i show a black picture. Thomas

what kindof noise?

static noise or moving changing noise?

can you show an image or picture?

thomasrotten
05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
it is a static noise....

I can´t see on tft or plasma screens... I think that it is the matrox because i have also tried to do a screen calibration on the mac but i can´t get it to go away... And when i connect the cat directly to the led processor the noice is gone...

Mr_P
05-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Also had this issue on output 2 of a DH2G-D - solved it by using some DA's in-between. Think its an earthing issue with the TH2G & DH2G Digital editions. That said, not all the DA's I tried worked either...

Also - if you're trying to use a TH2G-D in Dual Head mode (as it states on the documentation) - it wont work on a mac... only PC :(

S

samsc
05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Also - if you're trying to use a TH2G-D in Dual Head mode (as it states on the documentation) - it wont work on a mac... only PC :(

S

there is a control panel- that you have to download to set it up-

and yes -then it may or may not work.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/digital/home.php

Systems operating under Mac OS® X must download the GXM Control Panel to access all DualHead and TripleHead resolutions

the thtg-d doesnt have an external psu - its usb powered - so that might make a difference in grounding things too.

samsc
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
it is a static noise....

can you get an image of it?

which graphics card are you using?

basicmonkey
16-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I'd recommend to anyone to buy a TH2G Digital over any of the other options since it has DVI in and can be used in single, dual and triple modes on the Mac. I tried using a Dualhead and never got a nice image using VGA.