PDA

View Full Version : Snapshot vs. Active Snapshot

SourceChild
06-05-2008, 02:23 AM
What is the difference between:

Snapshot
Active Snapshop

When using the Catalyst control to create presets is there a way to only snapshot the parameters that have been touched? For example, I set all size parameters to 1.000 and want to snapshot all layers. Is there a way to do this so that nothing else gets snapped on in the preset?

kmclights
29-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I asked this question toward the end of last summer and I believe the answer is no. I think snapshot is kin to "Record" on an LX desk, capturing the entire output (or single layer) and "record"ing it to a preset. I do not believe there is an equivalent to "Update" on an LX desk, which is what you are looking for. Some command that only grabs things that have been touched. I think this is where Catalyst stops and says, "If you want LX desk control features, then use an LX desk". Fair point, but not useful for those struggling with standalone systems.

Kevin

samsc
29-05-2008, 05:29 PM
'active snapshot' was supposed to record the type of timing currently being used in a preset - as there are different timing types.
not tested recently.

my presets are only really useful for simple states and such things - replicating the work of a lighting console is not what i intended to do when i started-

i hope to do more work on this soon to remove some of the pain-

SourceChild
04-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Hey Richard,

I would like to help you with some of this. I have been writing automation scripts that edit the preset.txt and setting.xml files. This is part of the "value added" stuff I've told you about. Granted, my stuff is relatively simple at the moment but it is saving tons of time.

Incidentally, I have also been working on a control console with some promising results. (Way beyond DMX)