PDA

View Full Version : Content with uneven pixel-width

OlliR
19-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Some time ago I came along a problem with content which had odd pixel-width.
Content will playback faulty in Catalyst (wrong colours, line errors and horizontally shifted) though it runs fine in Quicktime Player.

I have seen this happen with X1900 graphics cards and both Apple Icod and Photo-JPEG codecs.

I had the same problem last week when content was produced for the native width of an LED screen (725 pixel wide).
A simple run through Compressor with a pad of 1 pixel on one side helped.

Maybe a warning in Catalyst would be good idea - though I don´t know if this is only related to certain graphic cards - I only tested on X1900 so far...

samsc
19-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Some time ago I came along a problem with content which had odd pixel-width.
Content will playback faulty in Catalyst (wrong colours, line errors and horizontally shifted) though it runs fine in Quicktime Player.

I have seen this happen with X1900 graphics cards and both Apple Icod and Photo-JPEG codecs.

I had the same problem last week when content was produced for the native width of an LED screen (725 pixel wide).
A simple run through Compressor with a pad of 1 pixel on one side helped.

Maybe a warning in Catalyst would be good idea - though I don´t know if this is only related to certain graphic cards - I only tested on X1900 so far...

i know about this already - it affects codecs with yuv encoding.
not graphics card related.

there is already a warning in the pdf profile next to the file.

Gian
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I did had the same problem, on m167... The ONE pixel solution work out great. The fun part is on version m138 works fine, without need to recompress the movies. Regards