PDA

View Full Version : Artnet Problem

thomasrotten
18-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi there

I have bought a ELC node 3 and because i want to run 2 universes of pixelmad and 1 univers in to control the catalyst..
The 2 universes out is working great but i can not get the dmx in to catalyst.

I have set my cat ipadress to 2.0.0.1 sub 255.0.0.0
the elc node 3 is set to 2.0.0.100 sub 2 255.0.0.0

I have tries many tmes to change the universe id in the catalyst but now i just have found out just when catalyst starts up i can see the elc node in the dmx patch window. I can select it but the next time i tries to see what options i have the only 4 ports is this computer port 1-4..

Can anyone please help me??

with my best regards

thomas

samsc
19-01-2008, 12:10 AM
screen captures of the dmx input window, and the dmx input control panels. please

thomasrotten
19-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Here are my screen dumps

Please let me know if you need any more..

Thanks

thomas

thomasrotten
19-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I have just read some articels about elc node 4 and it options only to broadcast the dmx in to catalyst.. What interface are you using out there in the big big world

Regards

Thomas

NevBull
19-01-2008, 09:23 PM
We use Luminex DMX2's & DMX8's - very configurable interfaces

Nev.

rolfwenzel
20-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I second Nevs Suggestion with Luminex, they work flawessly.
But I also have an ELC Node 4 in Use for my Travel Catalyst, which works also without any Trouble.
Make sure you have the latest Firmware (to be found @ the ELC Website) on the Node, as the older Firmware had a bug in the Artnet Protocol and did'nt make it possible to control Catalyst via DMX in.

I'm sure you've already checked, that your Ouput Universe is another Artnet Universe than your Input Universe. If not this can also lead to strange behaviour.

Good Luck

Rolf

Ejberendsen
21-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Hello,

Iam now starting up a project with 5 catalyst systems, and 2 ELC node4.

The problem I have now is that I only can patch to 1 ELC Node(see pictures). I use the elc node only for dmx to ethernet conversion. In the dmx artnet screen of the Hud shows 2 elc node 4 (See pictures). They both called Node 91.

The inputs of ELC Node 1 are configured as Port A 0-0
Port B 0-1
Port C 0-2
Port D 0-3

The inputs of ELC Node 2 are configured as Port A 1-0
Port B 1-1
Port C 1-2
Port D 1-3
Hope that someone can help me.

Kind Regards,

EJ Berendsen

rolfwenzel
21-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Dear EJ,

So your ELCs seem to be configured properly.
ELC Node 1 (Input A 0-0 and so on) is the same like Artnet Universe 0-3 in Catalyst (there, where "this Mac" stands behind)
ELC Node 2 (Input A 1-0) is on another Subnet and represents Artnet Universe 16 - 19 in Catalyst

Then everything should work without any trouble. As Mentioned before, please verify that the latest Firmware is on the Nodes loaded.

Best

Rolf

Ejberendsen
21-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Hello rolf,

I don't understand what you meaning.
Should i see now in the catalyst control window on point 16 and 19 the second ELC Node. I don't see this.

Please can clearify our comment.

Because this not happening in my system now.

Kind Regards,

EJ Berendsen

Ejberendsen
21-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Rolf,

It's working now. Now I know what you were meaning.

Thanks for you help.

EJberendsen

samsc
22-01-2008, 09:31 AM
someone has a software bug-

the artnet subnet is shown as 1536 - this isnt correct. could be my problem - could be theirs.

this selects the range of the universes the box responds to.

rolfwenzel
22-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear that it's working right now.
Artnet is a bit tricky in first understanding, but once understood very easy to configure.
Artnet uses 16 Universes per Subnet where 0 ist the first Universe and 15 the last in the Subnet.

Also first Subnet is 0

Catalyst counts through means e.g. Catalyst Artnet Universe 17 is Artnet Universe 2 in Subnet 1.

Best

Rolf