PDA

View Full Version : Mix Positions with THTG

rolfwenzel
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Richard,

I encountered this several times before but always forgot to post it.

When you use a THTG with Catalyst e.g. with 2400 x 600 the first Mix (left) starts at X Pixel 0, the second Mix (Center) starts at X Pixel 800, the third one (right) at X Pixel 1600.

What I see now is that I always got in second mix one line of mix one at the left edge, same is on mix 3 from second mix.

So I think that Mix 2 or the option for THTG Ctr needs to start at 801, THTG Right needs to start at 1601 to use the correct cuts of the THTG.

Does this make sense?

Best

Rolf

emilianomorgia
12-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I jump in . It's 0 to 799 , isn't it ?

rolfwenzel
13-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I think it's at least:
Mix 1: Pixel 1 - Pixel 800 (Pixel 0 doesn't exist)
Mix 2: Pixel 801 - 1600
Mix 3: Pixel 1601 - 2400

Best

Rolf

emilianomorgia
13-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I think it's at least:
Mix 1: Pixel 1 - Pixel 800 (Pixel 0 doesn't exist)
Mix 2: Pixel 801 - 1600
Mix 3: Pixel 1601 - 2400

Best

Rolf

Richard use O to identify the first pixel

See picture

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=401&stc=1&d=1197565501

Improve
13-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys.. I don't see the problem. when using a triple (or dual) head to go, just apply settings from the submixmenu, with using THTG left, or THTG center, or THTG right. No problem. Worked allways. And no pixel line from the first output on the second output...

Or am i missing something?:rolleyes:

SourceChild
14-12-2007, 05:54 AM
Using 6 screens on 2 TH2G at 800x600 they work fine.
I can have 6 submixes and I haven't yet seen an overlap like you're saying.

Mauricio Caicedo
10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi, maybe I can contribute a little. We use two systems set up for 6 screens each. Sometimes I get that pixel line crossing over to the next screen, and sometimes I don't, it seems that is a problem with sync signals, our systems go through VGA matrix switchers and I usually correct the problem by resetting my matrix, we also used one of the systems once to feed 19" LCD computer monitors.
I had the lines crossing over, and could correct it because I wasn't using any switcher, I pushed the auto setup button on the monitor and voila, worked like a charm.

samsc
10-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi, maybe I can contribute a little. We use two systems set up for 6 screens each. Sometimes I get that pixel line crossing over to the next screen, and sometimes I don't, it seems that is a problem with sync signals, our systems go through VGA matrix switchers and I usually correct the problem by resetting my matrix, we also used one of the systems once to feed 19" LCD computer monitors.
I had the lines crossing over, and could correct it because I wasn't using any switcher, I pushed the auto setup button on the monitor and voila, worked like a charm.

sometimes mac desktop appears as a single pixel line - at edge of black catalyst window - this is a mistake by apple.
this can usually be got rid of by clicking in the window - or exiting full screen - then going back.

SourceChild
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM
About a 4 months ago I had a Catalyst that I interfaced into a nightclub. The interface from the TH2G went straight into their scan converter/scalers. What I noticed is that there is an invisible line of pixels on each side of each output of the TH2G. When I would shift and attempt to scale the image it would show up if I "zoomed out" too much (wrong term but you get the point).

I didn't think of this at the time but I just sent an email to Matrox to ask about this to see if it is something specific to the analog TH2G (or digital in analog mode) because that is the only place I see it. It has never been a problem using the TH2G in DVI mode.

Incidentally, a comment Richard, many times I have to ASDF my screens after making mix changes or when I restart Catalyst. Is this a bug you know about? Seems like a GL fault, right?

samsc
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
i think its an apple window desktop issue rather than a gl issue.

they dont seem to fully uncover or cover background windows. or hide them properly - sometimes.

SourceChild
23-04-2008, 10:49 AM
i think its an apple window desktop issue rather than a gl issue.

they dont seem to fully uncover or cover background windows. or hide them properly - sometimes.

Just noticed this on an older analog TH2G. I had to change the refresh rate of the output to the TH2G to get the line to go away. ASDF-ing the windows didn't work.