PDA

View Full Version : m152 Reduced mix brightness on Mix2

OlliR
12-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Not sure if this was a bug or if I might have missed a point in the setup.

MacPro QuadCore 3GHz / X1900 - output 1 - 1024x768 (Mix 1) , output 2 - TripleHead2Go with 3 x 1024x768 (Mix 2 thru 4).
Seamless projection over 4 outputs.
All mixes were set to keystone mode.

Mix 2 had a reduced brightness compared to all other mixes. It missed like two steps in the grey-step setup-picture.

I know I have a gamma correction for each screen - but nor for each mix. There was nothing I could do to get Mix 2 to the same brightness as the others.
My final solution was to copy all settings from Mix 2 to Mix 5 and then it worked perfectly.

Is it possible that there is a mix gamma setup somewhere in the XML-setup file that might have been on a wrong value? - I was a rental Catalyst system.

I also had problems with the output of the TH2G when playing some certain files: from time to time I had horizontal lines on the center output of the TH2G and sometimes the whole output dropped out.
I was not a problem of cabling to the projectors as we had the same effect
when plugging another projector in the center output of the TH2G.
With other files everything worked fine...

Cheers,

Olli

OlliR
29-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I have come across this effect again and did a screenshot of the remote desktop window.

All Mixes showing the same greystep setup chart (same layer). Gamma on both screens is set to Neutral.

Setup is screen one single XGA 1024x768 / Screen two Triple Head 3 x 1024x768. All Mixes in "Flat Locked to corners" Mode.

I have no explanation for this effect. Anyone any ideas?

Olli

Samlight
04-02-2010, 05:38 AM
I just ran across this very same issue with m257... relocating Mix2 to Mix 3 made all the difference! So whats the difference with Mix2??

Sam

Mr_P
05-02-2010, 01:24 AM
check the setting for blending glitch on mix 2...
(see pic)
it seems that it might be set to 'glitch b'

samsc
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
there is an issue/bug which usually crops up with transparent mixes and is related to alpha channel compositing within frame buffers -
blending glitch a/b was an attempt to figure out what was going on-

accidentally i discovered that adding a second completely black layer on top of everything else in the mix as shown in the third layer image attachment - sometimes fixes the transparent blending glitch

1. add a layer containing 001black.pct on top of every other layer on a mix -
2. change its colour fx to 85 -
3. scale it so it covers the whole mix area-
4. this seems to reset the internal composite buffer to correct value-

this doesnt always work- so its might be something to do with apple-

---

the TH2G issue is a TH2G problem not software-

Not sure if this was a bug or if I might have missed a point in the setup.

MacPro QuadCore 3GHz / X1900 - output 1 - 1024x768 (Mix 1) , output 2 - TripleHead2Go with 3 x 1024x768 (Mix 2 thru 4).
Seamless projection over 4 outputs.

Mix 2 had a reduced brightness compared to all other mixes. It missed like two steps in the grey-step setup-picture.

I know I have a gamma correction for each screen - but nor for each mix. There was nothing I could do to get Mix 2 to the same brightness as the others.
My final solution was to copy all settings from Mix 2 to Mix 5 and then it worked perfectly.

Is it possible that there is a mix gamma setup somewhere in the XML-setup file that might have been on a wrong value? - I was a rental Catalyst system.

I also had problems with the output of the TH2G when playing some certain files: from time to time I had horizontal lines on the center output of the TH2G and sometimes the whole output dropped out.
I was not a problem of cabling to the projectors as we had the same effect
when plugging another projector in the center output of the TH2G.
With other files everything worked fine...

Cheers,

Olli

samsc
05-02-2010, 08:12 AM
can you try the black layer adjustment i just wrote about?

( i dont have an explanation either - its something somewhere else - not set correctly - or consistently )

I have come across this effect again and did a screenshot of the remote desktop window.

All Mixes showing the same greystep setup chart (same layer). Gamma on both screens is set to Neutral.

Setup is screen one single XGA 1024x768 / Screen two Triple Head 3 x 1024x768. All Mixes in "Flat Locked to corners" Mode.

I have no explanation for this effect. Anyone any ideas?

Olli