PDA

View Full Version : Composit (FBAS) Video Out

AndreK
12-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Hello,
has anyone a good solution for Composit video out.
Requirement is to have either DVI or Composit Video Output.
Andre
Arcus

samsc
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Hello,
has anyone a good solution for Composit video out.
Requirement is to have either DVI or Composit Video Output.
Andre
Arcus

apple dvi to composite adaptors. $20. search apple store for
Apple DVI to Video Adapter

The Apple DVI to Video Adapter was designed to allow Mac Pro (with ATI X1900 XT), MacBook Pro, Mac mini and Power Mac G5 users to connect the DVI port to an S-video or Composite video device such as TVs, VCRs or overhead projectors with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors. The Apple DVI to Video Adapter is designed to work with the DVI port on the Mac Pro (with ATI X1900 XT) MacBook Pro, Mac mini and Power Mac G5 systems only.

AndreK
12-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I know these adapters, the quality is very poor.

What would you do if you have a power point on a laptop and you would like
to input this through LFG4. I have not seen a good solution for that.

I know this has nothing to do with Catalyst. But maybe anyone knows how to get an acceptable result.

Andre

samsc
12-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I know these adapters, the quality is very poor.

What would you do if you have a power point on a laptop and you would like
to input this through LFG4. I have not seen a good solution for that.

I know this has nothing to do with Catalyst. But maybe anyone knows how to get an acceptable result.

Andre

if you say its poor- its because composite video isnt that great. not adaptor.
adaptor is actually really quite good for for $20.

you simply cannot do presentations with composite video - of course it looks poor compared with vga monitors - the resolution of composite video is barely 384x288 at the best... most tv technology things have only 250 lines of resolution. compared to at least 1024 on vga.

you want to do powerpoint on a laptop - strongly suggest you try using keynote to convert powerpoint to a quicktime movie- then play movie.
there are no good composite video solutions... for doing this.

OlliR
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Andre,

I suggest using the Matrox MXO. Connects to the second screen DVI and USB and outputs either HD-SDI, SD-SDI, Components, Y/C or Composite (FBAS).

Though I would not recommend Composite for On Screen Presentations - quality is very poor - but that is that video standard not the hardware...

But if you use a Blackmagic Decklink instaed of the LFG you could go for HD-SDI to get the best quality.

So you can insert a Keynote presentation running on a second computer into a Catalyst layer.

The SDI setup may cost you some frames of delay - but who cares when running a presentation...

RedLightning
13-10-2007, 05:18 AM
To do this recently I purchased a scan converter from B&H in New York...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/431586-REG/Comprehensive_Kramer_VP_501XL_VP_501XL_Scan_Conver ter.html

seemed to be an ok compromise of quality...the output was onto HDTV plasma's

-s