PDA

View Full Version : Midi triggers from ETC Lightboard

nhsound
28-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Hello all. At my school we are attempting to run lights and sound together for our next production. After reviewing the little we could dig up on SAMSC, we attempted to connect our ETC lightboard to the computer running SAMSC. We are connected through a midi to usb device. We set the commands in SAMSC as such:
Load file
Volume
MIDI Trigger
Play

The MIDI trigger within SAMSC was originally set to Disabled, we set it to 1.
Still no luck from running Go Cue 1 on lightboard.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

samsc
29-09-2007, 07:30 AM
try this - might not answer all questions - i wrote a midi trigger pdf a few weeks ago;

http://chaldee1.gotadsl.co.uk/~richardb/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=351&d=1189151775

samsc
29-09-2007, 08:22 AM
The MIDI trigger within SAMSC was originally set to Disabled, we set it to 1.
Still no luck from running Go Cue 1 on lightboard.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

what kind types of midi can the ETC console send?

what console is it?

what midi interface are you using on the mac?

jabadger
01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Are you trying to trigger the ETC desk from SAMSC or the other way around?

-j

nhsound
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Are you trying to trigger the ETC desk from SAMSC or the other way around?

-j

Other way around, trying to trigger SAMSC from the ETC.

It's an ETC Express 48/96 by the way. We're using an M-Audio USB to Midi device, it's an older one. I don't really know what types of midi the ETC console can send. We are just using the basic drivers that came with the USB to Midi device on the computer.

jabadger
02-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Page 274 of the ETC Express 125/250 (yeah yeah, different but the same) shows the ETC Midi Map. You need to setup Midi Triggers Device in SAMSC to respond to Program Change or Controller Change.

Easiest would be if SAMSC supported Midi Show Control inputs, which it seems to not.