PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Submix Size

basicmonkey
06-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm running a job this weekend with a 5x4 colorweb backdrop. IE: 20 pixels wide by 16 pixels high.

I only have Express at the moment with 4 layers and 2 mixes.

I'm trying to scale down my output to such a low resolution. Ideally, Mix 2 would be 20x16 pixels but I can't reduce it below 100x100. If I reduce the pixel mix area, I crop the output.

To combat this I can dedicate a layer to the colorweb and scale content there then output it to the mix at 20x16 and capture the entire image for the web. This means I've lost one of my 4 layers which I need to get my desired effects with stacking transparencies and also prepping the next content etc...

Is there any way of shrinking the submix any more to allow lower res full mix size capture for pixelmad, or am I going to have to get some more layers?

Cheers.

emilianomorgia
06-09-2007, 09:16 AM
To combat this I can dedicate a layer to the colorweb and scale content there then output it to the mix at 20x16 and capture the entire image for the web.

Hi there , i don't understand what you want to do .

you have a 20x16 display ? Correct ?

and you need to scale down bigger contents to that size ? Correct ?

if this is the scenario I don't see problems .

samsc
06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm running a job this weekend with a 5x4 colorweb backdrop. IE: 20 pixels wide by 16 pixels high.

I only have Express at the moment with 4 layers and 2 mixes.

I'm trying to scale down my output to such a low resolution. Ideally, Mix 2 would be 20x16 pixels but I can't reduce it below 100x100. If I reduce the pixel mix area, I crop the output.

To combat this I can dedicate a layer to the colorweb and scale content there then output it to the mix at 20x16 and capture the entire image for the web. This means I've lost one of my 4 layers which I need to get my desired effects with stacking transparencies and also prepping the next content etc...

Is there any way of shrinking the submix any more to allow lower res full mix size capture for pixelmad, or am I going to have to get some more layers?

Cheers.

the mix size doesnt have to match the pixel output size.

you just want a 20x16 output- keep the mix size at 100x100 or whatever you want- and scale the movie layer to fit.

you dont have to have matching sizes.

not sure i understand why you think this is important?

at 20x16 you arent going for detail?

samsc
06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi there , i don't understand what you want to do .

he needs to scale the layer?

NevBull
06-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I guess if you want to use the same layer to feed a full screen and the ColorWeb, you could use keystoning in the mix window to shrink the image to the size you require, whilst at the same time using the layer in a full screen mix on output two.

This negates the need for the mix window to be able to go smaller than 100 x 100

Nev.

Spam Butterfly
06-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm with Nev here. I've done shows with LED walls where I've needed a small vertical resolution - say 64 pixels high or something.

Hugh

basicmonkey
06-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Emiliano & Richard:

I can't dedicate a layer out of my 4 just for pixelmad as I need all 4 to generate my video output and so scaling in the layers is not an option as it'd affect the video out.

As Nev said, I'd like to use most of my main video output as the source for colorweb (minus a layer or two) and so it'd make sense to be able to simply scale a submix down to 20x16 with no cropping.

Nev's solution with keystone scale works absolutely perfectly. Thank you!

Sized the submix to 100x100 then scaled to 0.12 using keystone to get the size I need.

Saved me a few quid for this weekend anyway, Cheers Nev.

samsc
07-09-2007, 08:26 AM
keystone scale- fine.

20x16 pixels isnt going to give you much of an image!
but im sure it looked fabulous.

emilianomorgia
08-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Nev's solution with keystone scale works absolutely perfectly. Thank you!

Yeah very nize very nize .

basicmonkey
10-09-2007, 01:30 AM
keystone scale- fine.

20x16 pixels isnt going to give you much of an image!
but im sure it looked fabulous.
It did indeed, I had limited space and budget so more 'web' would be unachievable, putting oils and digital aerials through it looked bob on and made a perfect backdrop for the band. I was also able to get scrolling text to be visible from far enough away.

Cheers guys for responses.