PDA

View Full Version : QT player

Peter
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi richard,

In the early versions of samsc you had a QTplayer to use in the Qlist. Why not write it back in?

Peter

emilianomorgia
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi richard,

In the early versions of samsc you had a QTplayer to use in the Qlist. Why not write it back in?

Peter

WOW ! great idea !

What about having 253 on the layer PLAY Quick time ?

So that once a layer is set to play the quick time movie you can set all the Keystoning and what ever Fx in the Layer , then programming all the different movies in the QTplayer from Samsc .

I Think this can be absolutely handy when Catalyst it's used with no DMX controller

What do you think ?

samsc
06-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi richard,

Peter

its still in there in samsc. i dont think it went anywhere.
its very simple- it doesnt do very much

samsc
06-09-2007, 04:35 PM
WOW ! great idea !

What about having 253 on the layer PLAY Quick time ?

So that once a layer is set to play the quick time movie you can set all the Keystoning and what ever Fx in the Layer , then programming all the different movies in the QTplayer from Samsc .

I Think this can be absolutely handy when Catalyst it's used with no DMX controller

What do you think ?

it does play quicktime. its all quicktime. but the version in samsc doesnt do anything really useful.

you use presets when there is no dmx controller - its much more useful and flexible than any samsc qtplayer cuelist.

Peter
07-09-2007, 06:31 AM
I tried playing back 1 audio stereo file in catalyst using preset,... and it didnt work i needed to make a dummy video track alongside it...

samsc
07-09-2007, 07:11 AM
I tried playing back 1 audio stereo file in catalyst using preset,... and it didnt work i needed to make a dummy video track alongside it...

there arent any 'frames' in a movie unless there is a video track.
audio only files dont have frames.

and catalyst uses in and out points that are determined by the frame position.

so you need to have a video track - it can be 1x1 pixel and black- it doesnt matter.