PDA

View Full Version : Surface Mapping over multiple servers

mground
04-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Are their any plans to easily integrate surface mapping/multi screen comps like in the DL2? I know their currently available, but as far as i know, there is no relation between those settings on multiple servers. To what extent can one running cat control a entire network of servers and their parameters?

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Also, are their any plans to introduce a feature similar to the HES CMA for DL2/Axon?

Thanks!

samsc
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Are their any plans to easily integrate surface mapping/multi screen comps like in the DL2? I know their currently available, but as far as i know, there is no relation between those settings on multiple servers.

catalyst has done 'multi-screen comps' for quite sometime using multiple mixes with offsets.

what do you mean?

To what extent can one running cat control a entire network of servers and their parameters?

isnt that what the dmx console does?

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Also, are their any plans to introduce a feature similar to the HES CMA for DL2/Axon?

Thanks!

what do you need to do?
what do you use the 'cma' for?

ryanww
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
HES CMA -> Apple file sharing.. you can use any computer on a network to copy new media content to the folder located on the right directory / drive and then just rescan them into the library..

samsc
07-09-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/
with apple remote desktop -

you can see remote screens, update software, drag and drop files anywhere you want - on multiple machines all at once - even machines with triple head 2 to go's ( you can see the entire window span 3048x 768 ) or more than one monitor.

you dont even need to turn file sharing on - you can just drag files into the remote desktop windows.