PDA

View Full Version : Green border with videoinput...

thomasrotten
07-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi There..

I Realy NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!... The show starts in 8 days......

I have a small setup for a little show i´m doing. I have to have 2 composite video inputs from 2 small dv cameraes.. The input connected to my blackmagic card is working perfect but the other video input wich is a miglia Alchemy DVR card i have the problem.. In the catalyst interface i get only the option of a size 732 x 520 pixel. And the result og that is a green border in the top and left side... Any one have a solution?..

I have also the problem with catalyst freezing when i make changes in the video input settings.

Finaly is there a way to shorten the latency with the video inputs??

Catalyst system:
Dual G5 2 GHz, 2,5 Gb Ram, Catalyst version 3.26.
Latest Mac OS X 10.4, Quicktime, Blackmagic ang miglia drivers

Spam Butterfly
15-08-2007, 08:51 PM
You need to ensure that you have typed the serial number of the Alchemy application that the drivers install. The serial number is on the driver CD.

The latency through Catalyst is usually very good. If you have having problems with this then it suggests there is a problem. You have to remember - there will be latency from the camera too as it converts a DV stream into composite.

thomasrotten
15-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I have entered the serial number for the miglia card.... I can live with the latency but it is the green border on the top and left that i have problems with. Offcause i can make a mask layer but i would be nice to avoid that. So any solutions on that??

samsc
22-08-2007, 01:46 PM
the latest version of the software has the ability to crop each edge of the video input.

which software version are you using? ( oh i see you are using v3 )

the latency is what the operating system and video input cards do.

I use LFG4 cards for multiple video inputs - and they have low latency.