PDA

View Full Version : V 3.3 Video Card?

ajemutt
23-07-2007, 05:19 PM
hey all!

I'm running catalyst Pro 3.3 on a G5 dual 2.0 Ghz machine. I want to add a second video card so I can have a third display to show the OS and Catalyst interface when I am using both outputs.

Since my AGP slot is already being used by the main video card, I *believe* I need to find a PCI-X card.

The easiest option for me is to use a ATI Radeon 7000 that I have sitting around, but I wanted to check first before taking my system apart.

Are there any cards that will run better than others? Anyones to stay away from?

Thanks!

AJ

samsc
23-07-2007, 09:09 PM
there are no video card options with these machines - they only have a single video card slot - there are no pci-x cards.

you will be lucky to find even a replacement card - almost everything in this generation mac is hard to get - or obsolete.

you can try the matrox dual head and triple head to go - but you are pushing things a little.

as there was no possibility to have 3 outputs ( and there still isnt a workable solution ) you cant see the catalyst interface and have 2 outputs at the same time-

v4 design changed and nothing useful is shown in non-full screen mode - and there is more support for using matrox dual and triple head.