PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen GUI

litemover
21-06-2007, 07:28 AM
How about a really cool touchscreen GUI that you can use with the Matrox Triplehead2go that would pipe midi data back into the console of choice in order to select folders, files and playmodes, Visual/Color effects and the list goes on.

It would be cool if the GUI was tabbed so you could just click the VFX tab then go back to the general tab and switch thumbnailed and moving files, the commands would send midi commands from the G5 to the console telling the console to do anything from selecting layers to applying keystone correction with drag points. It would make life so much simpler, especially a smart GUI with intelligent Layer managment tools and color coded modes.

I would definately use and spec this tool. All you would need are the midi codes for every major console manufacturer and an Operations GUI design with touchscreen support. I'd start with the Hog 3 but I'm Biased.

You could call it "The Aviator" because it would enable you to fly through blind and stormy weather with easy programming of Catalyst. Or you could call it "The Glide path" But that sounds like a personal lubricant.

Christian

joshgubler
22-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Forward thinking would suggest that this is a perfect example of when to use ACN. I know this doesn't help with consoles that are on the market now, but somebody has to push the technology. I'd say that Catalyst is a big enough product that if you implemented this first, console manufacturers would race to provide compatibility.

litemover
23-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Forward thinking would suggest that this is a perfect example of when to use ACN. I know this doesn't help with consoles that are on the market now, but somebody has to push the technology. I'd say that Catalyst is a big enough product that if you implemented this first, console manufacturers would race to provide compatibility.

I can appreciate the forward thinking in doing this through ACN.

Unfortunately, politics trump forward thinking in this scenario. Since every major console manufacturer has a media server or is building one, Catalyst is sort of a "Lone Gun" though it is still the best product. Console manufacturers are reluctant to make new fixture libraries for Catalyst let alone cooperate with a new standard of protocol.

If this were suggested, I know Mbox would never accomodate the connection as it is mainly Virtuoso driven, we all know the HES stance.

The only thing all consoles have in common right now is that they all have DMX and midi in/out ports.

ACN is sort of like an extended Blu-ray fight.

Christian