PDA

View Full Version : Cat Basics

ghanger
24-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Ok so new girl here, be kind!

Just some simple questions.

1 If I add a triple head card, what happens to the onboard graphics? do they come out when i put a x3 card in?

2 im working on a cat system next week but won't have access to it until the bump the day before. am i able to program on my g5 here and then transfer my programming to that cat? if so, how do i do that and make sure my libries work.

3 how easy is it to operate catalyst without a dmx console, is there some way to easily and quickly play back q's accross a local machine (only one cat at this stage) - it would keep costs down if i didnt have to use a console.

would you recoment the above?

Thanks for answering my beginner questions.

samsc
24-05-2007, 09:32 AM
the triple head to go doesnt replace anything - its a vga splitter- it takes a single vga output from your graphics card, and tells the computer its running a single wide screen.

if you havent used one before - you need to test it works with your system. not all systems and resolutions are supported.

-

what do you mean "make sure your libraries work'?

--

operating without dmx? - how easy it is? - depends on what you are used to- my presets do not and are not intended to replicate or replace a lighting console- but they do work - they are much simpler.

ghanger
24-05-2007, 02:43 PM
ok so, as opposed to operating from a grandMA, can i trigger the same presets from the web interface or keyboard? would it be easier to just play back presets via a console or the web interface?

can i pre-program on a g5 and then transfer my programming to the show box? how would i do this? just move my content accross and the show file?

are these documented in the manual, if so just point me in the direction - no need to explain it here twice.

thanks richard!

samsc
24-05-2007, 04:14 PM
ok so, as opposed to operating from a grandMA, can i trigger the same presets from the web interface or keyboard? would it be easier to just play back presets via a console or the web interface?

you can do whatever you want to do. you can do all three.

can i pre-program on a g5 and then transfer my programming to the show box? how would i do this? just move my content accross and the show file?

are these documented in the manual, if so just point me in the direction - no need to explain it here twice.

thanks richard!

just copy the preferences files in the same folder as application