PDA

View Full Version : Update only changed items in preset.

gazzer82
14-05-2007, 05:18 PM
It would be great to have a only save changes mode for saving presets. For example quite often going from venue to venue i have to resize/keystone the screen and then move objects in presets to re-align them. Now at the moment the only option to re-save the preset is to take a new snapshot which looses all my fade times.

It would be great if catalyst could detect which atributes had been changed in a preset, i.e just x and y and do a partial save only what has changed update.

Sorry hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Gareth

kmclights
28-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I'd like to second this as a feature request as I've been speaking about it in another area of the forum.

It would be grand to have "Update All Layers" and "Update Layer x" commands in the drop down menu of a preset. Editing presets in the live window is so much easier than having to scroll down in the "edit presets" popup window.

I am aware that snapshoting a layer, or all layers, will achieve this, but it will destroy any timing information recorded into the preset. Maybe the solution is to not have "snapshot layer" command change the attribute to a "snap" if it is already something other than "off". This would leave the timing information alone, I think.

Kevin

joshgubler
28-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I really think that this last solution is the best. If people really want to erase all of their timing info than they can clear the preset before re-snapshoting it.

As this is all interrelated with timing, I'm going to drop a side note here...I would love it if there was a way to change values and/or times across multiple layers with a single stroke.

Example: I am in a tech with a designer and we have just created a preset that fades all 12 layers (some up and some down) in 5 seconds. We run the scene and the designer tells me it was a little fast, could it happen in 6 seconds. So I have to go in and change the time for all 12 layers again. Why can't I have an "all layers" tab in the preset editor that lets me say "intensity->fade to->the value that was snapshoted->in 6 seconds"?

Then the designer says I don't like that image, can we try another. So I say "all layers(or perhaps select the layers I want affected)->image->whatever".

I love that catalyst gives you so much fine control, but the ability to make broader strokes would really save a lot of time.

samsc
29-05-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks for all the suggestions - i know it needs a lot of improvements - i just havent got around to having time to do it yet...