PDA

View Full Version : moving scale position pixel to pixel (whitout console DMX)

mofo LGI
03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi everybody!!

This is my first message..so..treat me carefully...:D ,

My problem is:
I'm used to the 63 version in which by the keyboard, I was able to move layers and scale objects one pixel every time. In all the new versions ( up to 111) I can't.
Can you help me?
I need to use the keyboard and in order to use the led the pixel to pixel and scaling movements are fundamental.

Hope you can help solving my problem..cheers!:) :)

samsc
08-05-2007, 09:08 AM
you mean clicking and then pressing a key to change the value?

mofo LGI
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
you mean clicking and then pressing a key to change the value?

Yes, I need to use the mouse only or mouse and keyboard together. The thing is that the only scaling and position variations allowed are too big.

i.e. From a dimension of 0,60 I'm able, with a sole click, to resize objects to 0,64 , not less than that. (The results of resizing are always too big).

I have also tried to use PixelMad. I was trying to get a file bigger in a fixture. I can just get it bigger of 3/4 pixels and that is not what I' m looking for. I need to be more precise.

Thanks.

Bye,

samsc
08-05-2007, 01:09 PM
yes. it needs to be more precise. i will look.

samsc
08-05-2007, 01:20 PM
i think i did this so it didnt take too much to move things about.
too fine scaling takes an age.

it is finer with dmx. i will see if i can increase the resolution without breaking anything else.

emilianomorgia
08-05-2007, 09:54 PM
i think i did this so it didnt take too much to move things about.
too fine scaling takes an age.

it is finer with dmx. i will see if i can increase the resolution without breaking anything else.

Shift + Arrows = Fine ? May be a good compromise , no ?

mofo LGI
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi again..
I just try to explain myself a little more..: in the 63 version in order to resize a file from 0,63 to 0,64 I used to click on the window and press the arrow buttons (passing from 0,63 to 0,64 takes usually something like 3/4 clicks. I also verified on the led that it is a pixel to pixel movement); in the following versions (97, 111) doing the same things I don't get what I want: the result is that clicking and pushing the arrow button just once all I can get is that the object (with a sole click and push) is resized from 0,64 directly to 0,68...from 0,68 to 0,72..and so on .
Why this change in these new versions? I was fine with the 63. How can I manage to obtain the same movements in the new ones?

Thanks,
Mofo

emilianomorgia
11-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Shift + Arrows = Fine ? May be a good compromise , no ?

oh this is a suggestion to DeveloperS , I don't thik Shift + Arrow will work right now .

gazzer82
22-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I would like to see this too, it can be quite innacurate using the mouse, especially when you need to align thinks perfectly with each other. It would also be good to assign the scroll button on the mightmouse to increase/decrease the selected item, especilly if it could be used to change X+Y as it scrolls both at the same time :)

Cheers

Gareth

emilianomorgia
22-05-2007, 11:59 PM
..... it could be used to change X+Y as it scrolls both at the same time :)

Yes Y- X should work as Mix's X - Y does .

In Mix if you click on X or Y you are able to controll both .

Cheers