PDA

View Full Version : LFG4 Freezes

RyWolf
16-04-2007, 06:47 PM
When I look at the input for the LFG4 on the input window on the hud it runs and looks good. But when I take that to a layer the video freezes, Video In, Video 1, PlaylpFw. When I close the program and restart it, Cat wont even activate the inputs. It sees LFG Direct API but it wont let me turn it on.

samsc
16-04-2007, 10:20 PM
which computer?

what LFG software did you install?

which OS?

have you got playspeed on the layer set to full, 100%.
You mention 'playlpfwd' on layer? why?

please show me a screen capture showing input HUD, and layer HUD

RyWolf
17-04-2007, 12:32 AM
a mac pro quad. running 10.4
AS-lfg-mac-apps-v02_00_00.dmg
running cat v 4.10m119
Play speed was 100
What should play mode be set to ?
I will upload screen captures tomorow.

samsc
18-04-2007, 07:11 AM
i think you probably see this because you turned some video inputs on and off then on-

sometimes its a bit tricky to select the video input source, as video digitisers and quicktime and their interaction not consistent.
its quite hard to determine which inputs are possible, at any given time-

particularily for decklink - as they give all their possible modes as a list - but give no indication to me of whether selecting that input is possible.

samsc
20-04-2007, 09:56 PM
a mac pro quad. running 10.4
AS-lfg-mac-apps-v02_00_00.dmg
running cat v 4.10m119
Play speed was 100
What should play mode be set to ?
I will upload screen captures tomorow.

do you have any news for me?

Mauricio Caicedo
17-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I have two systems they are both exactly the same...
Mac Pro 8 core 4GB RAM, running CAT V4 PRO m119, PCI-e USB card with internal USB (to keep dongle safe) and LFG4....
I set up both systems exactly the same way using the slot expansion utility...
weird thing is both systems are running fine and all of a sudden one of them freezes the LFG capture. The other system runs perfect, never freezes...
what to do???

samsc
18-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I have two systems they are both exactly the same...
Mac Pro 8 core 4GB RAM, running CAT V4 PRO m119, PCI-e USB card with internal USB (to keep dongle safe) and LFG4....
I set up both systems exactly the same way using the slot expansion utility...
weird thing is both systems are running fine and all of a sudden one of them freezes the LFG capture. The other system runs perfect, never freezes...
what to do???

freezes all inputs at the same time?
after how long?

suggest you try swapping the card from one machine to the other - to see if the problem moves.

glitchism
11-10-2007, 01:01 PM
hi all, i'm new at this forums, hi richard, i really enjoyed your presentation!! very funning and necessary info! thanks, and what a beautiful soft (btw).

We (theatergroupAmsterdam) working with two of these cards in one quad 3 ghz mac pro, with specially desinged software (by ryan parteka) for control of 6 ptz cams and 3 more cams. we grab 8 composite video stream at once, which isn't a problem. we do this in a 6 our marathon theater show called Roman Tragedies.

The LFG4 cards are good cards and do what the should do. When we where testing (day-in-day-out) and building the show we had allot freeze issues. Because we where swapping bnc inputs on the cards they freezed more than now. When a freeze occurs we have to reboot the mac. So we build the system in a case, and still we find freeze issues. Very few and but totally unpredictable, what make the show unstabile.

We received new cards from active sillicon two weeks ago. Swap the old cards without any problems and we did 4 shows of 6 our run with success.

Karl

downunder is a explaination of ryan on the max forums:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=25601&start=0&rid=0&S=10d86eb144bfc5c85a2aed81cdf22b8d

samsc
11-10-2007, 01:47 PM
hi all, i'm new at this forums, hi richard, i really enjoyed your presentation!! very funning and necessary info! thanks, and what a beautiful soft (btw).

We (theatergroupAmsterdam) working with two of these cards in one quad 3 ghz mac pro, with specially desinged software (by ryan parteka) for control of 6 ptz cams and 3 more cams. we grab 8 composite video stream at once, which isn't a problem. we do this in a 6 our marathon theater show called Roman Tragedies.

The LFG4 cards are good cards and do what the should do. When we where testing (day-in-day-out) and building the show we had allot freeze issues. Because we where swapping bnc inputs on the cards they freezed more than now. When a freeze occurs we have to reboot the mac. So we build the system in a case, and still we find freeze issues. Very few and but totally unpredictable, what make the show unstabile.

We received new cards from active sillicon two weeks ago. Swap the old cards without any problems and we did 4 shows of 6 our run with success.

Karl

downunder is a explaination of ryan on the max forums:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=25601&start=0&rid=0&S=10d86eb144bfc5c85a2aed81cdf22b8d

yes. there do seem to be occasional freezing problems.
you say swapping the cards made this go away?

--

re: the article on the max website-
the quicktime drivers dont work very well- i have to bypass them...

samsc
11-10-2007, 02:58 PM

thank you karl- i like to have fun and tell jokes-
i also like theatre too - you can invite me to your shows....
i also like contemporary dance...etc etc...

glitchism
11-10-2007, 11:44 PM
yes. there do seem to be occasional freezing problems.
you say swapping the cards made this go away?

--

re: the article on the max website-
the quicktime drivers dont work very well- i have to bypass them...

yes swapping cards: that is: new cards from active sillicon. they made new cards with better interface chips to transport data from card to mac pro...

what we also did is start up the 'expension slot utility' and booth under a wrong setting off lanes, and later put it back to the original setting. but this was only to actived the cards... because the freezes are so unpredictable i couldn't tell wether this made a difference...

and yes, i invite you to our show... in march and june 2008 we play in hamburg, and vienna... so if you are in the neighborhood... drop by

cheers karl