PDA

View Full Version : Finding Files - Trial Software

kmclights
30-03-2007, 05:00 PM
As a reasonably adept tech, I feel really really stupid asking this, but here goes.

I'm trying to improve my Catalyst skills using the trial software (version 4.06 m111). I can't seem to get the software to find any of my QT files.

I've followed the manual to the letter (open Library, select Folders tab, point to content folder, then scan files). I've also named my content folder with a three digit number, as well as my content files with three digit numbers (although I didn't think it was necessary). Yet when I press the scan button, it only finds the 7 files that come with the software (Library 0). Is there a restriction to the trial software I'm not aware of?

I'm running it on a 17" 1.67 G4 Powerbook with 1GB of RAM. The software seems to run fine, except for being able to play with my own content.

Thanks,
Kevin

NevBull
30-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi Kevin

is your folder/file format as below? You have to point the Catalyst at the Content Folder level so it sees the numbered folders underneath.

Nev.
Digital Services Manager
PI Digital

Content Folder

001 Folder 1

001 Content File 1.mov

002 Content File 1.mov

003 Content File 1.mov

002 Folder 2

001 Content File 1.mov

002 Content File 1.mov

etc etc

kmclights
30-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey Nev,

That's funny, cause I was looking for your number to ask this question. I spoke to you a few times while I was out with the Caucasian Chalk Circle tour for the NT. Back at the RSC now and trying to persuade them Catalyst is worth it.

You were absolutely right, I was pointing one level too far down.

Thanks for your help once again.

Kevin

Mr_P
03-04-2007, 12:12 AM
you should also be aware that folders with only 3 numbers ie '003' and no text following them will not be read....

Id forgotten this recently and learnt it again by experience!!!!!