PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Shortcut Help

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi,
hope someone can help, i'm running V4 Catalyst and my shortcut keys for full screen have stopped working anyone got any idea what setting ive changed so i can change it back, only happens in PAL optimised not in other versions...
tahnks in advance
Andy Rowe

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi,
hope someone can help, i'm running V4 Catalyst and my shortcut keys for full screen have stopped working anyone got any idea what setting ive changed so i can change it back, only happens in PAL optimised not in other versions...
tahnks in advance
Andy Rowe

Do you mean that if you hit key [ A ] catalyst will not go at fullscreen ?

There is nothing you can change to " currupt " the shortcut keys

Try this :
( click the Quick Time Icon to lunch a movie )

http://www.in-differenza.ch/cms/images/stories/quicktime_icon_new.gif (http://homepage.mac.com/emilianomorgia/CatalystPM 4.10_m115UB_HDScreenSnapz001.mp4)

take a look to the link I hope this help .

samsc
27-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi,
tahnks in advance
Andy Rowe

there isnt any such thing as 'PAL optimised' versions.

There is only 1 version of software.
which build do you have?

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 12:38 PM
im running build 4.06_111ub_hd, what i meant by pal optimised was the shortcut installed on our 'brand new' catalyst, i setup a show with pixel mad and everything was working fine, turned the mac off last night and this morning no keyboard shortcut so i can get into fullscreen using the screen control but cant get out of fullscreen to shut the catalyst down or change dmx input addresses etc. i also cant turn the hud on and off. if anyone wants a copy of the show let me know,

thanks
andy

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 12:42 PM
im running build 4.06_111ub_hd, what i meant by pal optimised was the shortcut installed on our 'brand new' catalyst, i setup a show with pixel mad and everything was working fine, turned the mac off last night and this morning no keyboard shortcut so i can get into fullscreen using the screen control but cant get out of fullscreen to shut the catalyst down or change dmx input addresses etc. i also cant turn the hud on and off. if anyone wants a copy of the show let me know,

thanks
andy

Sound Like keyboard it's not connected ...

What happen if you hit and hold Apple ( CMD ) + Q while Catalyst it's at full screen ?

Btw try to download lasted CatalystPM here
http://homepage.mac.com/pixelmad/.Public/CatalystPM%204.10_m115UB_HD.zip

install it in a new Folder inside the Application folder .

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 12:45 PM
cmd and q shuts catalyst down

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 12:49 PM
cmd and q shuts catalyst down

So keybord work but A & S does not ?

sorry to asking this ... what Key are you using to go full screen and exit ?

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 01:01 PM
A&S for output 1 fullscreen Q&W for hud, D&F for output 2 fullscreen Z&X for hud.
just started catalyst with ntsc shortcut and fullscreen works... this shortcut opens with none of my information in the show

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 01:10 PM
A&S for output 1 fullscreen Q&W for hud, D&F for output 2 fullscreen Z&X for hud.
just started catalyst with ntsc shortcut and fullscreen works... this shortcut opens with none of my information in the show

Ok , forget those Icon in the Dock .

Download lasted CatalystPM ( 4.10m115 ) here http://homepage.mac.com/pixelmad/.Public/CatalystPM%204.10_m115UB_HD.zip

Once you will download it create a new folder in the application folder .

Drag and Drop the 4.10m115 in the new Folder .

Once it's there , lunch the CatalystPm 4.10m115

a new Icon will appears in the Dock , it will be the Catalyst icon in the RIGHT side of the Dock named CatalystPm 4.10m115 .

Click and hold your mouse in that Icon , a menu will appear , click on KEEP IN THE DOCK .

Now go in the Catalyst Menu ( White Bar on top )
Click on WINDOWS / Library .

the Library windows will come up .

Go in the Second TAB
Click on " 1 "

Select the folder by browsing to SCSI Content disk , select the Lighting Optimazed Folder , click ok .

re Patch the Cat as you wish .

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 01:24 PM

There is no NTSC or PAL Catalyst version .

there is only one Catalyst vesrion .

the Catalyst settings are stored in those 3 files you have inside each folder .

the Folders are inside tha Application folder .

So what's the different for those 3 short cut in the Dock ?

they are 3 different application ( same release ) in 3 different folders .
this happen to have different settings in each folder .

So why the Short Cut are called pal and ntsc ?

because those 3 application , have 3 different settings .

The different is the content folder .

there are 3 different folder PAL optminized , NTSC and Lighting .

You can download the new application , then you can decide to use the Pal or the NTSC or the lighing optimized content , by setting the folder path .

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 01:29 PM
updated the software worked fine until i loaded my show, then started doing the same thing after a catalyst restart

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 01:31 PM
updated the software worked fine until i loaded my show, then started doing the same thing after a catalyst restart

is the show full of information ?

Can I have it ?

I never ear about this issue .

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 01:36 PM
sorry, maybe ive been an idiot, does show control save my settings for catalyst or is it for 'show control' devices. It turns out if i 'delete all cuelists' in the show control menu, full screen starts working again!? - maybe i need to have a nother look at the manual

thanks for your help

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 01:38 PM
sorry, maybe ive been an idiot, does show control save my settings for catalyst or is it for 'show control' devices. It turns out if i 'delete all cuelists' in the show control menu, full screen starts working again!? - maybe i need to have a nother look at the manual

thanks for your help

I don't know , but there is nothing that stop the A , S , D , F ect stop working .

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 01:47 PM
here's what ive been playing with at the moment, none of my show info, but if you load it with the 'show control' menu it stops the keyboard shortcuts working

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 01:48 PM
after a catalyst restart

emilianomorgia
27-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Yep Andy , it's seam a bug to me .

I've started Catalyst m115 with no settings .

I've just saved a show file

then I've load it back and now i can't go full screen using A S etc .

Andy thanks for discovering this .

http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0110-blush.gif I feel guilty to telling you that this was not possible . http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0143-dance.gif

Emiliano

Andy Rowe
27-03-2007, 02:35 PM
AT least im not going mad :)