PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with Triple Head to Go

ILCstaff
09-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Just bought 2 Triple Head to Go's and am having problems getting them both up and running to get six screens. I am able to get one of them to go, but can not get them both going. I have a G5 dual core with an ATI Raedon 9800 XT video card. The G5 is running OS 10.4.8 with Cat 4.06. Any suggestions.

emilianomorgia
09-03-2007, 08:20 PM
read : http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/support/th2go/compatibility.php#mac

What resolution do you want to have ?

your GPU have just 256 vram .... http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0106-crying.gif sad but true it's not enough .....

Any suggestions. buy an other faster GPU ... sorry but I think there are not other thing to do http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0106-crying.gif

emilianomorgia
09-03-2007, 08:38 PM
If I could suggest someting to eveyone , I'll say that TH2G can't be used on two outputs , and it can't be used for resolution bigger then 3x 800x600 on a single output .

Btw if you consider the cost of catalyst per output you save money anyway .

I've pesonally test a :

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (DVI single-link/DVI dual-link)

on a Mac pro

and I was able to run 6 x 800 x 600 .

I 've test a g5 ( don't remember GPU model , it's the standard HES )

I was not able to use two TH2G .
also if I set the TH2G to 3x 1024x768 catalyst can't run , ( send to full screen remain all black , I think this is all about openGL stuff . )
Mac osX was able to see 3x 1280x1024 , but once lunch cat at full screen nothing happen . same for 3x 1024x768 .

emilianomorgia
09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
some one told me once :

"one never knows until one tests..."

E

joshgubler
10-03-2007, 07:04 AM
I just finished running a show with 2 TH2Gs. Both outputs are running at 3x1024x768. I'll post a pdf profile if it will help identify hardware setups that work.

samsc
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Just bought 2 Triple Head to Go's and am having problems getting them both up and running to get six screens. I am able to get one of them to go, but can not get them both going. I have a G5 dual core with an ATI Raedon 9800 XT video card. The G5 is running OS 10.4.8 with Cat 4.06. Any suggestions.

old old computer.

you are pushing it way too hard.

the computer is actually telling you something - you need to listen to it...

I am able to get one of them to go, but can not get them both going

this means this computer and/or graphics card cannot do this - end of story...

ILCstaff
15-03-2007, 05:24 PM
With my triple head to go, I have 4 screens. The center two are a panorama, I am having trouble getting rid of the seams where the two images meet.

Here is what I am using: 1x Cat 4.06, 1x triple head to go, 4x 5k projectors,

My show is this Monday 3/19

samsc
15-03-2007, 08:08 PM
have you ever tried this sort of thing before?

what settings are you using?

what is your projection geometry like?

ILCstaff
15-03-2007, 09:32 PM
have you ever tried this sort of thing before?

what settings are you using?

what is your projection geometry like?

I tried it when it was still in beta and could not get rid of the seam.

What setting do you need to know.

My projectors are RP with a straight shot.

samsc
15-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I tried it when it was still in beta and could not get rid of the seam.

What setting do you need to know.

My projectors are RP with a straight shot.

settings? all of them that relate to what you are trying to do

have you done this before? ( with any equipment not necessarily with catalyst )

Do you understand what this does?

Flat screens or curved?

There are many many many things with doing this stuff.

What do you see?

ILCstaff
15-03-2007, 10:34 PM
settings? all of them that relate to what you are trying to do

have you done this before? ( with any equipment not necessarily with catalyst )

Do you understand what this does?

Flat screens or curved?

There are many many many things with doing this stuff.

What do you see?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to image blend last back in January with the beta version and couldn't get it set up right. More than likely operator error.

Right now I am trying to do a mock up, I do not load in till Sunday. I have a through of 18' 6". I am Rear Projection onto flat screen. 4 projectors total. Two outside do not blend. The two inside are blended to make a 10'x 30' panorama.

I have my blend set at 10%. With the blending HUD, I lined up the magenta bars so they are close, but I am having a hard time getting them dead on.

I have my two mixes set so that layer 1 is active on both screens.

My images do not meet correctly. If I move my mixes so that they match up at the screen, then the blend is bad.

samsc
15-03-2007, 10:38 PM
try a bigger blend for a start - 15% or 20%

samsc
15-03-2007, 10:58 PM
What is the black level light output from the projectors?

Feed them a black input signal - dont need catalyst, and overlap the projectors outputs, what do you see?

This gives you an indication of the black level leak.

If this is noticeable - you might have a hard time.

Are your projectors DLP or LCD?

ILCstaff
15-03-2007, 11:33 PM
What is the black level light output from the projectors?

Feed them a black input signal - dont need catalyst, and overlap the projectors outputs, what do you see?

This gives you an indication of the black level leak.

If this is noticeable - you might have a hard time.

Are your projectors DLP or LCD?

sorry about the delay, I got pulled away.

What how much over lap should I give them. Right now I have the two projectors overlaping by 2'.

What is black level leak? I do have some dead screen area on the top of both projectors, is that what you mean?

I have 2 of the same projector: Proxima LCD 6860.

samsc
16-03-2007, 06:48 AM
black level- projectors even when displaying black input - output light - and particularliy lcd ( this is defined through the contrast ratio )

turn the lights off, leave the projectors on, make them both display a black video input, points the projectors at the same wall, and make the outputs overlap-
what do you see?

---

2' is not a very useful measurement - as any distance overlap depends on image size, and i dont know those things.

ILCstaff
16-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I stayed late last night and got everything figured out. The blend looks great at 10%, then I have to use 2 layers to get one image by off-setting the images on the x- axis. This way is going to eat through layers.

Thanks for you help.

black level- projectors even when displaying black input - output light - and particularliy lcd ( this is defined through the contrast ratio )

turn the lights off, leave the projectors on, make them both display a black video input, points the projectors at the same wall, and make the outputs overlap-
what do you see?

---

2' is not a very useful measurement - as any distance overlap depends on image size, and i dont know those things.

samsc
16-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I stayed late last night and got everything figured out. The blend looks great at 10%, then I have to use 2 layers to get one image by off-setting the images on the x- axis. This way is going to eat through layers.

Thanks for you help.

good.

you can spread a layer on 2 outputs, by selecting it in both sub-mixes.
so you only need one layer.
this way you use the 'mix x-offset' per submix

emilianomorgia
19-03-2007, 12:41 PM
I just finished running a show with 2 TH2Gs. Both outputs are running at 3x1024x768. I'll post a pdf profile if it will help identify hardware setups that work.

I'm sure you did not use ATI RADEON 1900 XT .

I've it , but I can go only 6x800x600 . wich is not bad .

but I wondering what you have used http://www.sinapsi.us/forum/images/upo/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Mick Murray
16-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I bought two th2g's as well hoping i'd be able to run 6 screens, i was not!
I have a quad core intel mac with a xt1900 video card, it runs 3 outputs fine on one th2g 3072 x 768 but when the 2nd th2g goes on there i cannot select a th2g see the th2g resolution for that output. I tried running the first th2g at a much lower res but didn't make a difference, does anyone have a graphics card they can suggest that would make this all work?

p.s.
They are analogue th2g's

emilianomorgia
17-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I bought two th2g's as well hoping i'd be able to run 6 screens, i was not!
I have a quad core intel mac with a xt1900 video card, it runs 3 outputs fine on one th2g 3072 x 768 but when the 2nd th2g goes on there i cannot select a th2g see the th2g resolution for that output. I tried running the first th2g at a much lower res but didn't make a difference, does anyone have a graphics card they can suggest that would make this all work?

p.s.
They are analogue th2g's

strange .... i'm in a show right now using two triple for a total of 6 800x600

It worked fine on tiger and leo booth 2,66 and 3 giga I've tried this with many system configuration it always worked good ...

can you connect your mac pro to internet ?

do you have an ichat account ?

Can you post the system profile ?

Mick Murray
17-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Am in japan with show at mo, will try it again when i get back, what software version are you running?

emilianomorgia
18-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Am in japan with show at mo, will try it again when i get back, what software version are you running?

OSX 10.4x and 10.5x

Xt1900 on different kind of Mac Pro's

Mr_P
18-06-2008, 08:48 AM
strange .... i'm in a show right now using two triple for a total of 6 800x600

It worked fine on tiger and leo booth 2,66 and 3 giga I've tried this with many system configuration it always worked good ...

Can you post YOUR profile - Are the TH2G Analogue or Digital

Do you use the Matrox GXM Control Panel?

What Graphics card did you use to get 6 outputs with 2 TH2G - have you done a firmware upgrade on it - what firmware version?

Which particular Mac Pro 2007 or 2008?

Did you have to configure 1 at a time or did both work straight away?

Were you running Tiger or Leopard when you had it working?

Answers - Answers - Answers

Thanks

S

emilianomorgia
18-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Can you post YOUR profile - Are the TH2G Analogue or Digital

Analog

Do you use the Matrox GXM Control Panel?

I don't , it's useless. the system recognise the TH2g with or without GMX

What Graphics card did you use to get 6 outputs with 2 TH2G

xt1900

- have you done a firmware upgrade on it - what firmware version?

I never did an update I don't know what firmware version

Which particular Mac Pro 2007 or 2008?

Booth , I own a 2007 where I use two TH2g Analog, and I'm right now on a show with a 2008 using two digital TH2g and I get 6 800x600

Did you have to configure 1 at a time or did both work straight away?

Let's say there is no config you just select the res you need and if the TH2g it's hooked at startup the Os will give you back the same resolution at every start up

Were you running Tiger or Leopard when you had it working?

all the 10.4.x and all the 10.5.x worked fine on many different machines all with xt1900

SourceChild
18-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Using digital TH2G on a 2nd Gen MacPro with Geforce 8800 I can output 6 screens at 1024x768 and 1280x1024. (2 Analog though are finicky).

Using analog or digital TH2G on 1st Gen MacPro with x1900 I can output 6 screens at 800x600.

Using analog or digital TH2G on 1st Gen MacPro with Quatro FX 4500 I can output 6 screens at 1024x768 and 1280x1024

Mr_P
19-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the replies - I;ve had trouble in the past with TH2G-D on a 2007 running tiger and an X1900XT.

I'm going to try different configs over the next 2 weeks and will feedback.

S

emilianomorgia
19-06-2008, 08:56 PM
here the profile of one machine where 2 th2g working at 6 800x600