PDA

View Full Version : Manual Resolution Setting for TH2G

joshgubler
06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Is there any way to manually set the resolution rather than detecting it from the display?

I've got two TripleHead2Go's working great, but the distance between the server and the TH2Gs is a little far. I'd like to put Distribution Amps in those runs. That works fine until I restart the machine. It seems that the DAs don't pass the data from pins 12 and 15 for feedback from the display to the computer. When I click "Detect Displays", I just get a bunch of generic options for resolution, none of which fits the 4:1 ratio that TH2Gs use.

So is there any way to manually set resolutions that don't show up as an option? How about modifying the set of "generic" options to include 3072x768 and 2400x600? I know this is more of a mac issue, but I thought maybe somebody here had experience with this.

emilianomorgia
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
edit :

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

with :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2400x600x16</string>
</dict>
</plist>

save the file on DESKTOP do not save the file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
( do that only if you know how to manage permissions )
If you don't save it on desktop . Same name . TXT editor will ask if you want to use txt exstention or plist . USE plist .

Once you save it . Drag the new file from Desktop to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Finder will tell you that the folder it's protect and will give you the option to autenticate your self as admin . use your admintration user and password .

BOOM ! that's it , you mac will boot start always with 2400x600 resolution .

any damage it's on your own risk

E

joshgubler
09-03-2007, 01:03 AM
This didn't change anything for me.

The file didn't exist. I created it on the desktop and moved it to the path, as you indicated. My computer still boots up exactly the same as it did before.

The solution you're offering isn't exactly the solution I'm looking for anyway. Sometimes I do want to use the server without the TH2G. It would be nice to just add new resolutions to the "default" list of resolutions that is offered when the mac can't detect anything from the display.

I'm one of many users of this server. The others barely understand how to use it, so I'd rather not make changes that will add to their confusion.

emilianomorgia
09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
The file didn't exist.

That's not possible .

that file it's not an option . have to be there .

Pls check , it's not the user library , it's the OS libray .

I'm one of many users of this server. The others barely understand how to use it, so I'd rather not make changes that will add to their confusion.

Indded , I can't help you then

E