PDA

View Full Version : Daft Newbie / SDI O/P, black screen windows

jzbdski
03-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi There,

Sorry if these sound like really stupid questions (and I know one of them is probably really straightforward) but here goes...

Ok, the easy one:

Why are my output windows showing no content when within preview windows on Display 1 (ie. windows>output 1; windows>output 2) but work fine when in full screen mode ?

and, more annoyingly, it seems I can't get the Catalyst to output via my Decklink Extreme video card, why would this be ? Ideally we'd like to get an SDI O/P straight from this card instead of buggering around with Scan convertors but no joy, only black...

Will this card only work as an input ? -why is this ?

Answers on a postcard...

Thanks in advance for your help (and patience !)

Richard

samsc
03-03-2007, 07:47 AM
the output only works in full screen.
OSX does a lot of stuff behind the scenes to manage window layers - and this needs to be minimised.

---

You cannot use the decklink outputs because all the graphics processing is done on the graphics card - decklink card doesnt have any opengl graphics.

computer architecture does not make it possible to send the screens from the graphics card to the decklink card.

---

also the design of the decklink cards restricts you to using either input or output - when using its I/O. not both at the same time.

jzbdski
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks, that answers those questions...

I was just a bit puzzled as I've been using v3.3 which did display the output in the screen windows and thought I was doin something wrong.

The Decklick thing is a real pain, are there any video cards with the OpenGL support which offer an SDI output ?

Thanks again

Richard

samsc
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks, that answers those questions...

I was just a bit puzzled as I've been using v3.3 which did display the output in the screen windows and thought I was doin something wrong.

The Decklick thing is a real pain, are there any video cards with the OpenGL support which offer an SDI output ?

Thanks again

Richard

i removed the non-full screen output, as users were having normal windows open at the same time and this was causing performance issues.

---

there are no opengl cards for the mac with sdi outputs.

sdi scan convertors are an art in themselves - there are quite a few devices which do this.

jzbdski
04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
...and we'll need to get HDSI ones !

-at least the Decklink will make ingesting custom footage a little easier...

Thanks for your help

Richard

Spam Butterfly
04-03-2007, 11:10 AM
The weapon of choice for HD SDI (or anything else) is the Folsom Image Pro HD... This is the Swiss Army penknife of video.

Hugh

roberto_novelli
04-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi Hugh is placer to read you again :D.

Roberto Novelli HighEndSystem dealer for ITALY

Product Manager & Technical Support
roberto_novelli@ianiro.com
IANIRO ALDO srl.

helpdesk : ianiro@ianiro.com
http://www.ianiro.com
Sede principale/Head Office : Via Ragusa, 5
Logistica/Logistics : Via Ragusa, 3
00040 Pavona (Roma)- ITALY
+39 06 9310198 ra tel
+39 06 93162162 fax

emilianomorgia
08-03-2007, 01:54 AM
there are no opengl cards for the mac with sdi outputs.

What about this ?

http://www.nvidia.com/page/qfx_4000sdi.html