PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting? - of sorts

Mr_P
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
:eek:
Got a weird issue im trying to solve for a client... running m95 on a 2GDP PPC.

Havent managed to get ALL the codec info etc, as im on the phone - not on site....

certain clips played over still images seem to be ghosting and remaining on the screen, despite the layer being turned off after use. The correct output can be seen on the layer preview HUD - but the output remains.

For example.... theres a rain clip that plays over a still background. But the rain seeps to build up at the bottom of the screen...... and not disapear [great effect if u want it..... but he doesnt!!!]. Have been told that it only happens on the secondary output... but havent got an absolute confirmation yet.

The only way this seems to clear is by going to another major cue - ie all layers change.... Did think that it was programming or loss of DMX issue - but I've been assured it isnt... altough it is on a Hog III.. (so who knows!!!...)

I thought about a dodgy graphics card - but the issue tracks across 2 seperate servers..... So it must be specific content or codec?... [still to confirm]

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? - I havetn't... any ideas with this limited info?

Simon

tharding
06-02-2007, 04:04 AM
I know they tell you it isn't but...

Could it be a programming glitch where that layer is sitting at 5% or so in another cue so it is leaving a slight transparent ghost?

Does the HOG III output screen confirm that there is no level to that layer?

Does it still do it if you disconnect the DMX and use the HUD to recreate the same cue?

When you see the ghosting clip, if they changed the file at that point, can you see the image change?

I have inadvertently recorded a layer in a cue when I knocked the intensity while adjusting another parameter. Especially easy on the III as there is the intensity wheel next to the keyboard. Didn't notice until I saw the ghost over another image.

Cheers

Toby

samsc
06-02-2007, 01:40 PM
i think its a feature i have been working on.

which doesnt seem to work correctly on early machines. possibly.

i was trying to do trails in mixes.

it almost works.

samsc
06-02-2007, 02:05 PM
are all your trails parameters set to zero?

i have been working on making this work in the submixes
this didnt used to work in keystoned sub-mixes

emilianomorgia
06-02-2007, 05:04 PM
are all your trails parameters set to zero?

i have been working on making this work in the submixes
this didnt used to work in keystoned sub-mixes
thanks Richard for this usefull information , now I understood why it was not always working correctly .

Thanks

E

Mr_P
10-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Well... as usual... the problem was between the desk and the chair....

This didn't turn out to be a catalyst problem on further investigation. (Thankfully)

The client had 2 problems:
1) - Dodgy DMX cable
2) - Hog III programming issues, resulting from using 'record-remove' in a specific cue, coupled with using a blend layer 2 effect in an earlier cue1 - due to tracking, the result was this ghosting effect.

With a bit of re-programming and DP2000 reset - all is well...

Thanks for the suggestions though

Simon

samsc
10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Well... as usual... the problem was between the desk and the chair....

This didn't turn out to be a catalyst problem on further investigation. (Thankfully)

The client had 2 problems:
1) - Dodgy DMX cable
2) - Hog III programming issues, resulting from using 'record-remove' in a specific cue, coupled with using a blend layer 2 effect in an earlier cue1 - due to tracking, the result was this ghosting effect.

With a bit of re-programming and DP2000 reset - all is well...

Thanks for the suggestions though

Simon

i have been fiddling with this - so i could have broken something too.