PDA

View Full Version : Panoramas

Mauricio Caicedo
30-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I saw this feature on the CAT V4 brochure and was our main reason for upgrading, we are using 2 Matrox triple heads 2 go, and would like to have them make an edge blended panorama, with the live video input in the middle of one of the blends. I haven't found any info on how to go about it....

Could someone give us step by step instructions on how to set this up???
I'm trying this on m97 and haven't been able to figure it out...

thanx

Improve
30-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I saw this feature on the CAT V4 brochure and was our main reason for upgrading, we are using 2 Matrox triple heads 2 go, and would like to have them make an edge blended panorama, with the live video input in the middle of one of the blends. I haven't found any info on how to go about it....

Could someone give us step by step instructions on how to set this up???
I'm trying this on m97 and haven't been able to figure it out...

thanx

Hi...

It is basicly very simple... Start up your MACPRO.. attach the THTG units and set screensizes and refresh rates....

Then in CatV4 apply both outputs to NO OUTPUT. Then activate full screen and HUD's on both outputs. You need to use the submixes to create output on all THTG outputs. For instance, on the first output, the left screen of the THTG, use submix 1. Switch it on, and set screensize (1024x768 for instance) and from the pulldown menu choose triple head, left (3072x768) or other resolution depending on your situation. Do the same for the other 5 submixes. Then in each submix you have to apply a horizontal offset, so that all 6 screens will be in one line, from left to right (if needed with edge blending)

You have to play around with the menus to get it working, since there is no proper manual so far...

Mauricio Caicedo
30-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanx fons... I will be trying this as soon as possible.....

Mauricio Caicedo
22-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks a lot for the help... everything works great!!!

Mauricio Caicedo
16-05-2007, 06:35 PM
My panoramas are working great.
I'm having a tough time setting the blend curves.... (it usually takes me a very long time)

Is there a standard procedure to go about it??

Gian
16-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Not really,... if you have projectors with different lamp lifes, that gets harder. i normaly start using the presets, like 2.0 pow or 2.2, normaly gets very close, than is just tweek,... but even projector lamps always help.
I know those are hard to get.