PDA

View Full Version : cat v4.06 m97 beta 5 findings

Gertjan
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I have been playing around with this build m97 beta 5 and found some things happening I felt useful to mention here.

I made a setup where I have 2 mixes next to each other and setting the MxX offset to -1 and 1 so I get one wide screen.
This works very good, I love this feature. Going trough the VisualFX I found out that not all of them work correctly across the 2 mix windows. Choosing one of the fx in the following list will make the mixe windows ignore the MxX offset and show 2 complete movies the fx separate in the center of the two mix windows.

Perspective
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope 2
warp rotate
wave horz
wave vert
wave diagonal
pixelize
pixel lights r
pixel lights s

Also the visualfx using a flicker a random color strobe should sync between the two mixes. When you select a random flicker the left and right half of the movie flicker at a different rate.

Hope this all makes sens.

Keep up the good work! It's always a pleasure working with this software. :)

Regard,

Gertjan Houben

Moving Lights Support

tharding
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Also

In the Mix Offsets there is 2.8,2.9,3.0 but not the negative of these it is just positive at top and bottom.

Cheers

Toby

samsc
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Also

In the Mix Offsets there is 2.8,2.9,3.0 but not the negative of these it is just positive at top and bottom.

Cheers

Toby

you can type in a number - i think? so this doesnt matter.

samsc
11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi,

Perspective
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope 2
warp rotate
wave horz
wave vert
wave diagonal
pixelize
pixel lights r
pixel lights s

Also the visualfx using a flicker a random color strobe should sync between the two mixes. When you select a random flicker the left and right half of the movie flicker at a different rate.

Hope this all makes sens.

Keep up the good work! It's always a pleasure working with this software. :)

Regard,

Gertjan Houben

Moving Lights Support

the plugins needed recompiling im not sure whether andy got around to this. i will check.

thanks gertjan.

tharding
12-01-2007, 07:19 AM
you can type in a number - i think? so this doesnt matter.

I know.

I just thought I would mention it for asthetics more than anything else.

Cheers

Toby

samsc
12-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I know.

Cheers

Toby

i need to remove this menu completely really, and do it a better way.

Improve
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
When setting up the output Keystone per output, pressing shift gets rid of the HUD. But the bottom left HUD (layers/submixes/pixelmix) will stay on. It is therefor very difficult to grab and move the bottom left corner when adjusting your Keystone.

Maybe these HUD elements can also disappear when pressing shift???

When adjusting Keystone it quite often happens that you accidently move the mix position around. Very anoying. Perhaps an extra feature locking the screen position will be very helpfull.

Improve
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I know.

Cheers

Toby

Speaking of Asthetics... I thought this peace of software was called CATALYST..
Switching on the HUD you can read in the bottom of the screen CATA.YST, or something like that...

samsc
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Speaking of Asthetics... I thought this peace of software was called CATALYST..
Switching on the HUD you can read in the bottom of the screen CATA.YST, or something like that...

as-thetics? what might that be???

disspearing letters? or spoonerism? maybe a visual gag?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoonerism

there is also a link to the image chosen in the about dialog. which is from the top of a volcano.

samsc
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
When setting up the output Keystone per output, pressing shift gets rid of the HUD. But the bottom left HUD (layers/submixes/pixelmix) will stay on. It is therefor very difficult to grab and move the bottom left corner when adjusting your Keystone.

Maybe these HUD elements can also disappear when pressing shift???

When adjusting Keystone it quite often happens that you accidently move the mix position around. Very anoying. Perhaps an extra feature locking the screen position will be very helpfull.

yes -i have changed the first thing.

yes- and im working through the modality of the second part.