PDA

View Full Version : Inframe problem

ping141
09-01-2007, 09:51 AM
This might have been addressed before, but I had a problem with a QT movie not starting at its correct inframe. After a lot of back and forth I found out that if I opened the movie in QuickTime Player, the time indicator was set half way out in the movie.

Set it to first frame, saved and everything works.

Still feels like a bug, though...

samsc
09-01-2007, 01:35 PM
what software was the movie created in?

---

if quicktime has this behaviour - i suspect you have discovered a feature in quicktime itself that allows movies to start not at the beginning.

ping141
09-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Hmmmm.....

This specific file I got from NRK, Norwegian state television in September, so I don´t remember. But I guess I recoded it in QuickTime Player to its current codec.

emilianomorgia
10-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Hmmmm.....

This specific file I got from NRK, Norwegian state television in September, so I don´t remember. But I guess I recoded it in QuickTime Player to its current codec.

Open the movie with QT app . then use Apple+I and report the info about the movie in the next post .

Apple Computer Inc ( opps ) Apple inc Quick time support many different codecs , not all of them are good to work with Catalyst .

thanks

E

emilianomorgia
10-01-2007, 02:23 AM
what software was the movie created in?

---

if quicktime has this behaviour - i suspect you have discovered a feature in quicktime itself that allows movies to start not at the beginning.

Poster Frame ?

For example if you export from Apple Computers Inc ( opps ) Apple inc , Keynote app , you could set some special tags that will stop the movies at some specifics point .

samsc
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
i think its a feature in quicktime. not a bug or poster frame.

ping141
11-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Still feels strange that when you ask a movie to play from its start, it starts in the middle...

RyWolf
17-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I have been having an issue on a couple realeses that some of my files when I go from play loop forward to inframe they dont go back to the inframe they stay at the position that they are. I have noticed that it mainly does this when the movie is still very close to the beggining.

samsc
17-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I have been having an issue on a couple realeses that some of my files when I go from play loop forward to inframe they dont go back to the inframe they stay at the position that they are. I have noticed that it mainly does this when the movie is still very close to the beggining.

what type of files?

Mr_P
23-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I too have had an issue with inframe....

Just been supporting a show where we are upgrading from V3 to V4.... Just to prove it would work seamlessly to production, I had to run One Mac with V3 and one Mac with V4. The only cue that didn't work in v4 (m111), was the one programmed with playmode 'inframe' and a specific inframe value. But it did work as expected in V3... It simply sat on the 1st frame of the movie - not the specified one

programming used inframe and a value in cue 1, then cue 2 changed the play-mode to once FW. ie still, then play

Our workaround for V4 was to re-program the cue in the Hog and used a manual 'mark' cue that preset the inrame by using 'playoncefw' and setting the inframe 1 frame before the desired outframe. (ie only playing one frame of the movie) Then faded up the intensity in the 2nd cue (static) and the 3rd cue changed the outframe to the end, thus the movie played from the inframe to outframe, after being preset in the 1st cue.

Cant remember what codec or other info about the file - not a lot of time to investigate - we just programmed around the issue to get the same end result.

SO - there is certainly an operational difference between inframe in V3 and V4 which causes inframe (and outframe) to not work as expected. However in this example I was able to play a movie from a specific start point using 'onceFW' and 'loopFW'

samsc
24-04-2007, 09:11 AM
thanks simon - i will check.